Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: New Stores in the North East

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Posts
    319

    New Stores in the North East

    From 2nd quarter share holder letter:
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...er%20Final.pdf

    "We plan to open about five more stores or galleries this year at strategic locations in North America, several of which will be in the northeast corridor of the United States."

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Posts
    136
    I also noticed this in the shareholder letter, but didn't feel any excitement. Whereas "New England" typically describes our states east of NY, the "northeast corridor" refers to the heavily populated I-95 region from Washington DC to Boston. However, at the NY test drive, my wife did coax a little teaser that there may be something north of Massachusetts...somewhere. Stores and galleries are nice, but as a future owner the service centers are more important.

  3. #3
    Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    5,749
    Some older documents suggest that we'll see a store in central NJ (Princeton?), Philadelphia, and Boston, at a minimum. Looking at the reservations map, there's some center-of-mass around Baltimore (but this may be well-served by whatever service center DC gets) and perhaps southwest Connecticut.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Posts
    319
    I wonder if they will locate a store any where close to Albany? It's a nice location bridging NYC and Montreal while at the same time catching little more of northern new england.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by hj-45 View Post
    However, at the NY test drive, my wife did coax a little teaser that there may be something north of Massachusetts...somewhere.
    I am guessing if this is true, it will be something like Manchester, NH which is technically North of Mass. It would follow the same pattern as NYC and Westchester NY locations in terms of hugging the larger population centers over attempting to cover larger geographical catchments areas. But, I guess they are following their reservation clusters, so without a complete set of that data, it's hard to predict ...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Randolph, MA
    Posts
    1,561
    It's supposed to be in Natick, MA Tesla showroom to open at Natick Mall - BostonHerald.com
    They are getting massive pushback from the Mass Autodealers Association, they feel Tesla is threatening their livelihood.
    Auto dealers protest Natick Mall Tesla showroom - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News

    There is already a thread about this issue on TMC, just stating what the plan was.

    Mitch

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    vermont
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch672 View Post
    It's supposed to be in Natick, MA Tesla showroom to open at Natick Mall - BostonHerald.com
    They are getting massive pushback from the Mass Autodealers Association, they feel Tesla is threatening their livelihood.
    Auto dealers protest Natick Mall Tesla showroom - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News

    There is already a thread about this issue on TMC, just stating what the plan was.

    Mitch
    I am aware of the discussion around the Natick/Watertown outlet/service. But hj-45 was suggesting that there might be something north of Mass. As a Vermonter, I find this rumor interesting, but trying not to get my hopes up too much.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Laval, Quebec
    Posts
    708
    Montreal is in the northeast ... just sayin

  9. #9
    Member Charged_Up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevbf View Post
    From 2nd quarter share holder letter:
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...er%20Final.pdf

    "We plan to open about five more stores or galleries this year at strategic locations in North America, several of which will be in the northeast corridor of the United States."
    I believe someone (perhaps George B) mentioned the Short Hills Mall in New Jersey as a new location - very upscale mall about 40 minutes from NYC in northern New Jersey.

  10. #10
    P 9130 youlikeadajuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bloomingdale, NJ
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Charged_Up View Post
    I believe someone (perhaps George B) mentioned the Short Hills Mall in New Jersey as a new location - very upscale mall about 40 minutes from NYC in northern New Jersey.
    Here's an article...Northern New Jersey at the Garden State Plaza in Paramus. A rep at the NYC Tesla store said he thought it would be opening late summer, early fall!

    http://www.northjersey.com/news/1605...tml?c=y&page=1
    Last edited by youlikeadajuice; 2012-07-27 at 06:04 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tesla Stores
    By doug in forum Tesla Motors
    Replies: 584
    Last Post: 2014-08-27, 09:44 AM
  2. Charge Points in the North East of England
    By dpeilow in forum UK and Ireland
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-04-25, 06:47 AM
  3. Racing Tesla Hot Rods on the East Coast!
    By Lithiumaniacs in forum News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-10-14, 06:59 AM
  4. East Coast discussions
    By rugbymonk in forum Roadster
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2010-09-21, 06:07 AM
  5. New Stores = More Sales?
    By Tessier in forum Tesla Motors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-05-14, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •