Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would VX220 wheels fit the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice that the the Vauxhall/Opel VX220 wheels have 5 holes, (in contrast to the 4 holes of the Elise wheels) which raises the question of whether wheels made for the VX220 would fit the Roadster.

Wikipedia does mention that VX220 front wheels are 17 inch in contrast to the Elise's (and Roadster's_ 16 inch front wheels and that the 17 inch front wheels hurt the handling. Apparently, GM wanted the front and rear wheels to be the same diameter on the VX220.

And in a parallel universe they wondered the opposite:
Tesla Wheels - VX220 Discussion - VX220 Owners Club
12esc.jpg

(Picture is something they mocked up for "what if we put Roadster wheels on a VX220".)

Wheel Fitment.eu Tesla Roadster (2009 - ) - the largest online database with PCD, Offset and Center Bore date for almost every car
Tesla Roadster Wheels
PCD=5x110
Center Bore=65.1
Offset=38
Mounting=Bolt 12x1,50
(Various cars listed with same PCD and Center Bore)
Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, and Saab 900 are listed.
Also, Chevy Malibu and HHR

Vx220 Pcd - VX220 Discussion - VX220 Owners Club
VX220 PCD(Pitch Circle Diameter )=110x5
(Well, that part matches at least.)

Different Wheels - VX220 Discussion - VX220 Owners Club - Page 2
(65.1 center bore, 5x110 pcd)
(That matches too... Might fit!)

Last edited:
> TEG's chart: Wheel Fitment.eu

Thanx to TEG, I found a useable pair of rims for my Roadster snows. $250-US for the pair on Craigslist. Described as 17x7 Chrome Clad Alloy wheels for:

2005-2010 PONTIAC G6

2006-2010 CHEVROLET HHR

2008-2012 CHEVROLET MALIBU

In the US this rim might be the easiest to locate. I'm using the sellers years & models. The offset is 40, slightly more than Tesla. Rim fits perfectly with plenty of clearance. Now to mount my Yoko snows. Maybe spray black over all that chrome.
--

Attachments

• GM_rim_b.jpg
    GM_rim_b.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,723
I've looked into alternative alloy and light weight alloys for my Roadster, here in the UK. Turns out there's quite a choice, with some interesting designs covering alot of modern Alfa Romeo's, Saabs, and Vauxhalls/Opels - most of which are not available in USA.

Below are two tables of EU wheels that match the Roadsters PCD (same link as TEG's). The offsets vary slightly but I doubt +/- 5mm will cause any problems.

Alfa Romeo Wheels can get quite exotic, such as their "teledial" simile to designs sometimes found on Lamborghini's..

I've included some ebay links, and UK alloy wheel websites.

If there's enough interest from USA based roadster owners, I would consider sorting out shipments. I've moved 20 & 40 ft containers worth of 'stuff' back and forth UK/USA before now, and have storage and pallet movement facilities. This would be for alloy wheels, and with/without tyres (as I'm not sure if there's any UK/USA tyre-rating bureaucracy to deal with …).

Play around with the filters for wheel colour settings, and 16/17" etc

http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/selection/index.html?car_model_id=120;cat=;sort=hi-lo;brands=;width=;colour=;page=1;dia=17

Buy 17 ALFA ROMEO GULIETTA Alloy Wheels | ALFA ROMEO GULIETTA Wheels | ALFA ROMEO Alloys

Buy 17 SAAB 9-5 (05-10) Alloy Wheels | SAAB 9-5 (05-10) Wheels | SAAB Alloys

Also, Google "alfa romeo teledial" to get various designs full of holes :)

alfa romeo teledial - Google Search

alfa 159 alloys 16 | eBay

alfa 159 alloys 17 | eBay

fiat croma 17 | eBay

saab 9-5 alloys | eBay

PCDtable0.jpg

PCDtable1.jpg