Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar City expanding service areas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
Out here in the Missouri boonies we had no Solar City service options. But today I got a call telling me that they're going to start servicing this area soon and that I would be able to get service installed prior to my Model S arriving ! He was a bit evasive on details, but said they were finalizing agreements with a local service provider and he promised a call back with more info next week.

It certainly sounds like there may be some pressure from Tesla in their agreement with Solar City to provide coverage service to all locations where they're selling the Model S.

I'd called my electrician today to schedule an installation, but it seems I'll need to hold off on that for a bit until this Solar City thing sorts out.

This is exciting news, would Love the option of driving exclusively on PV power!

Let me add...when I signed my MVPA and placed my final order I did NOT check the "I would like Solar City to contact me" button b/c I knew they didn't provide coverage in my area. I spoke with a Tesla Customer service person a couple of days later investigating when the HPC would ship and he asked if I'd signed up for Solar City, when I said no he promised to contact Solar City on my behalf just to see if they'd be servicing my area.

So, be sure, if you're at all interested, to sign up and tick that box when you place your order and if you already placed your order and didn't tick the box call Solar City and/or Tesla if you're interested.

Interesting, they've added some states since last time I checked as well...
Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania & Delaware
  • Texas