Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model S delivery in Seattle area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told 2 weeks ago that it was last week but I don't think it happened. Then, Brianman heard similar news too. I think I read another forum member post the same kind of news too. So maybe a delay but it could be anytime now. With 3 independent sources, I am guessing that it has a small chance it has some truth to it.

I suspect Tesla will want to trumpet the next set of deliveries, whoever they are for. So I'm skeptical of anything like this, given what Tesla's own blog had to say Thursday about refining things based on the test drive experiences and feedback. It just feels too soon, no?

But I'm eager to read of new actual deliveries, whoever they're for, when they do happen! Especially the first "real" customers (with respect to founders, they're kinda special/different, from where I sit in the cheap seats ;-).

I suspect Tesla will want to trumpet the next set of deliveries, whoever they are for. So I'm skeptical of anything like this, given what Tesla's own blog had to say Thursday about refining things based on the test drive experiences and feedback. It just feels too soon, no?

But I'm eager to read of new actual deliveries, whoever they're for, when they do happen! Especially the first "real" customers (with respect to founders, they're kinda special/different, from where I sit in the cheap seats ;-).

Probably also depends on the buyer, and how much he values his privacy!

From the DC event, I asked a few people questions. But it seems to me each has an opinion but there are not a lot of facts. In that light I heard that the next group of deliveries will be in 1-2 weeks, all the Founders and a few more (whats that: 20-30?). i asked one guy about mine (S126) and he dug through some emails and guessed I would be Sept. That would be a month late from the estimate I got on the configuration response. One told me that Elon personally inspects each and every car. So I tend to agree, they may have a few details that they are holding up the line to clean up.