Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Blog Post 7/12/2012: Get Amped Tour: News from the Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, now that the CF front and back is being removed/changed, is there much point in having the CF spoiler?

yeah, first we lose the nose cone, now these bits. I'd like it if it were still an option to keep those bits -- or at least order them from Tesla. This way, I can put them on for a show or just to have, then swap out if it gets too scuffed.

Can someone that knows the lingo point out in pictures where these are? Thanks.

diffusers.png

depending on their definition, it could be the smaller piece in the second pic.

Still a not sure how I feel about the carbon fiber being deleted from the Performance model. I'm torn because I really want the CF but I also really don't want to have crazy rock chips right away. In the end, I'll probably be glad that the car won't look crummy right away.

I'm REALLY happy about the fact that they're putting that little shelf in. I'm going to have to put some non-slip stuff in there so that my iPhone doesn't end up in the trunk every time I accelerate.

Still a not sure how I feel about the carbon fiber being deleted from the Performance model. I'm torn because I really want the CF but I also really don't want to have crazy rock chips right away. In the end, I'll probably be glad that the car won't look crummy right away.

I'm REALLY happy about the fact that they're putting that little shelf in. I'm going to have to put some non-slip stuff in there so that my iPhone doesn't end up in the trunk every time I accelerate.

I think the accents are so minor that you probably won't notice. You would notice if they are all banged up so if it's a cheaper, more sturdy material then that's probably ok. Will have to see how it looks though.

I think the accents are so minor that you probably won't notice. You would notice if they are all banged up so if it's a cheaper, more sturdy material then that's probably ok. Will have to see how it looks though.

Agree. The CF accents were barely noticeable. It would have been nice to have CF on the nose cone rather than the shinny black.
Now that they are going away, I'm hesitating on getting the CF spoiler. Will have to think about it...

Me, too! Reports from Seattle were that the shelf already had a non-slip floor. Would be nice if there were a door on this shelf that folded away invisibly.

Me, too! Reports from Seattle were that the shelf already had a non-slip floor. Would be nice if there were a door on this shelf that folded away invisibly.

That would be nice. I would worry about the door being either flimsy or clunky (which seems to be the options for little fold-away covers in my experience). If that's the case I'll take it without the door any day. Anyway, something for 2.0 or 1.5!

Yes, there's a slightly-ridged rubber lining in that small shelf. You can kind of see it in the pics in the first post of the Opportunity Console thread.

Not too sure but, I think there's a slight inward-and-down incline in there as well?! That'll make it less likely for anything to slide out when we do those drag race starts :)

yeah, first we lose the nose cone, now these bits. I'd like it if it were still an option to keep those bits -- or at least order them from Tesla. This way, I can put them on for a show or just to have, then swap out if it gets too scuffed.

Ditto. Thanks for the pics. I've decided to nix the spoiler now :crying:, put a call in to CA but I think they've all gone home tonight.