Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fireside Chat with Elon Musk - 2012/7/12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be delayed?

Confirmed by reading through Live blog updates below the video feed. I wonder what the delay is. Looks like they have a room full of people sitting in rows as opposed to at tables with drinks. That would be much better.

Shout out to Nigel! Thanks dude for pointing us at this event! Not sure why @TeslaMotors didn't point us here...

I want my Hyperlube transport now; EVs are so 2008 ;)
Indeed! Thanks for the heads-up, enjoyed listening to the livestream.
1.gif

That was quite the unexpected treat. I wonder about his 5th form of transportation. 2x the average speed of a jet, no possibility of crashing, can produce more energy than it uses (he mentions putting solar panels on it) and he calls it "Hyperlube" or "Hyperluge"? And he mentioned something about Fusion, a few other things like retiring on Mars. You've got to hand it to the guy for thinking out of the box! Very inspirational.

I dunno, I think his analysis was spot-on.

I completely agree, but in other interviews Elon has managed to hide his contempt for Fisker better. I actually had a friend a few weeks ago call me to ask me about the Karma because he was about to buy one (they're available without a wait, not surprisingly). It took about 5 minutes and I convinced him to get on the Tesla waitlist instead! Really, I couldn't agree with Elon more, and his comment to the effect of , "I hope Fisker makes it through the election" was so spot on and a real dagger to what's become of Fisker.

I completely agree, but in other interviews Elon has managed to hide his contempt for Fisker better. I actually had a friend a few weeks ago call me to ask me about the Karma because he was about to buy one (they're available without a wait, not surprisingly). It took about 5 minutes and I convinced him to get on the Tesla waitlist instead! Really, I couldn't agree with Elon more, and his comment to the effect of , "I hope Fisker makes it through the election" was so spot on and a real dagger to what's become of Fisker.

Biggest dagger was the revokation of the DOE loan and the biggest boon to Tesla was getting the DOE loan. Tesla would be out of business if they did not get the 465 million from the DOE. Fisker was banking on this loan but it was pulled due to politics and some other unknown condition that was not met. Remember, Fisker is still privately run, it is not known exactly how much cash they have on hand. From what I am reading here it seems as if Musks' comments were tongue in cheek. Perhaps a bit angered by the lost lawsuit & the VC cap that was supposed to back tesla, now backing fisker.

At this point in Tesla's history (if superimosed on where Fisker is after delivering first cars) things were way more grim from Tesla (2008?)

Last edited by a moderator: