Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get amped in T. O.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I am booked for 11am on the Friday. Jaff is that your day? Have the cars been homologated for Canada yet? Will we be driving on the roads or just the parking lot?

I expect they will be US homologated cars with California license plates. Perfectly legal to operate them in Canada, as thousands of people drive their cars across the border every day.

Hi DJ,

Yes, we're booked in between 11-12:00 for Friday, Aug 3...I'm fairly certain that TMC has designed a short course on public roads for the test drives...the rides are limited to around 7-10 minutes...I'm sure we'll meet up then.

Yeah, I am booked for 11am on the Friday. Jaff is that your day? Have the cars been homologated for Canada yet? Will we be driving on the roads or just the parking lot?

Last edited:
I'm curious. There's some discussion regarding the pricing that it will be increased because Transport Canada will require certain mods to be done to the Model S to make it legal in Canada. But if there's already been a Get Amped in Toronto with Teslas you can drive on city streets, wouldn't those have to abide by Transport Canadas regulations? Does anyone know if the Teslas features at GA T.O. will be the same as in Cali?

Last edited:
I'm curious. There's some discussion regarding the pricing that it will be increased because Transport Canada will require certain mods to be done to the Model S to make it legal in Canada. But if there's already been a Get Amped in Toronto with Teslas you can drive on city streets, wouldn't those have to abide by Transport Canadas regulations? Does anyone know if the Teslas features at GA T.O. will be the same as in Cali?

No. If you live in California and drive your car into Canada, on a temporary basis as a visitor, then you don't have to do anything. Just like when you drive your personal car to Buffalo for some weekend shopping. I expect the car you drive in Toronto will have California plates on it.