Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Raleigh, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dflye

S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814
Oct 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Hi, my name is Dan; got in line for a Sig last August (#414), delayed finishing configuration process until the absolute last day (when we were traveling to DC over the 4th, so got a chance to check out paint / interior colors in person, plus with a tiny bit of arm-twisting the salesman convinced wife we needed to upgrade to Perf! :wink:)

Looking forward to taking a test drive in Gaithersburg MD this weekend, but not as much as looking forward to delivery in the fall! :biggrin:

From perusing the World Map, apparently 3 others in the RTP area, was expecting to see more, not sure if there is a metric on the ratio of reservation holders to push-pins (assuming it is > 1:1, just not sure how much)

Going to be hard to get any work done waiting for this weekend! :eek:

Thanks for the link! That makes a comment made by Shaun (I think he is the store mgr) when we visited the DC showroom sound more realistic -- that Tesla would perhaps lean towards a showroom in the RTP area over Charlotte when they get around to setting up shop in NC.

Dan, I was just checking out your pin on the world reservation map. I see you placed it at the Leesville exit off I-540. I actually live in Lennox at Briar Creek, we are practically neighbors!

That is indeed pretty close by; we live a bit north of the pinned exit in the Barton's Creek Bluffs subdivision, so the Brier Creek area is our primary shopping / entertainment destination.

Having multiple Model S's in the area will hopefully draw in more enthusiasts!

Thanks for the link! That makes a comment made by Shaun (I think he is the store mgr) when we visited the DC showroom sound more realistic -- that Tesla would perhaps lean towards a showroom in the RTP area over Charlotte when they get around to setting up shop in NC.

The Triangle is pretty close to halfway between DC and Atlanta, so that's another reason to put a showroom here. Plus, on one of their maps of future store locations there was a dot in the middle of NC. And the service center being here (hopefully soon) is another strong indicator. I have talked to several people who are interested in Model S, but were wary of having no service options nearby. Once we get some more details, I think people will definitely commit.

Last edited: