Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Message: "SUB Updated. Press any key."?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Prime Mover

R Sport #1029; S #2117
Aug 3, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I have a Roadster 2.5 with the the Alpine IVA-NAV-10 console unit (as supplied by Tesla).

Every now and then, I get a message on the screen saying "SUB Updated. Press any key.".
I don't know if this is an update message from Alpine or from the vehicle? [What is a "SUB"?]
Anyone know what this is referring to?

(Usual apologies if this has been previously answered but the key words were too common to search for.)

I have a Roadster 2.5 with the the Alpine IVA-NAV-10 console unit (as supplied by Tesla).

Every now and then, I get a message on the screen saying "SUB Updated. Press any key.".
I don't know if this is an update message from Alpine or from the vehicle? [What is a "SUB"?]
Anyone know what this is referring to?

(Usual apologies if this has been previously answered but the key words were too common to search for.)

XM radio subscription

Just putting "Alpine SUB Updated" in a general Google search pulls up various Alpine manuals.
TMC-SUB_updated.JPG

Apparently it has to do with your satellite radio SUBscription.

Thanks Doug. I should have gone to the "All Seeing...All Knowing" Google for my answer, but it's more fun to post here.
I wonder what Sirius needs to update on my radio?

(Also, thanks Doug_G for the great Simpson video!)

Not sure if you are a XM/Sirius subscriber but they send out signals every so often, to ensure that people are not listening to Sirius without pay the subscription fee. When you cancel your subscription a lot of times you can turn your radio off for a few weeks, then when you turn it back on you can listen for free. XM/Sirius sends these signals at random intervals to ensure that people are not merely turning their radios off right after they cancel and getting free service.