Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Westinghouse DIY Solar Panels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can get stuff for cheaper than the Lowes/Costco/Hm depot package deals if you know a 'solar installer' from what I've been told by one.
I was looking st the cheap Costco Grape solar kits and commenting on how the prices were getting pretty good ~ <$2.50 / watt with all of the components. Solar guy said he could get me better quality for probably ~$1.00 / watt :smile:
I need to take him up on that to make sure it it real. He did just instal a 18kW system at my mother-in-law's in Los Altos and it was about $25K. Lots of different roofing levels with many racks in very awkward positions and a super sketchy tile roof that like to shed tiles if you're not careful!

You can get stuff for cheaper than the Lowes/Costco/Hm depot package deals if you know a 'solar installer' from what I've been told by one.
I was looking st the cheap Costco Grape solar kits and commenting on how the prices were getting pretty good ~ <$2.50 / watt with all of the components. Solar guy said he could get me better quality for probably ~$1.00 / watt :smile:
I need to take him up on that to make sure it it real. He did just instal a 18kW system at my mother-in-law's in Los Altos and it was about $25K. Lots of different roofing levels with many racks in very awkward positions and a super sketchy tile roof that like to shed tiles if you're not careful!

Holy crap that's cheap - and a massive farm.
Is that before the 30% tax credit? (And anything CA gives you?)

/Ed

Combine with 7% Lowe's discount for ARPOLA members (Google it). $small to join.

And with a 10% off moving coupon up to $5000 which is good for $500. (EBay)

Plus the 30% off federal credit.

Puts you around $1.70/watt installed (DIY) plus fees for permits and inspections. Around here I needed a structural calc with PE stamp, building permit and electrical permit when my system was installed.

Pretty cheap to put in a 'gas station' for your S.