Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ComediansInCarsGettingCoffee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Robert Llewellyn+

Jul 7, 2012

Really?
In April 2009 I posted the first episode of Carpool on YouTube. In March of that year I had posted a few episodes on iTunes which is where the majority of the downloads/views took place. Since then I've made over 100 episodes with a total combined download count of 6.6 million.
Hopefully I will make some more later this year.
So yesterday my tweet stream turned into a torrent as people asked me if I'd seen news of Jerry Seinfeld's new series 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.'
I checked it out and while it's clearly exactly the same idea, shot in an almost identical way, it's hard to suggest it's a rip off.
That would assume that Mr Seinfeld or his associates had seen Carpool and thought, 'Hey! We could do that!'
It's just that Jerry has a lot of cars, he likes driving, he's a comedian, new cameras allow you to shoot in a car, he knows lots of comedians, he's making a show. 'Hey, that's a great idea Jerry!'
It's fine, what am I going to do about it? What can I do about it?

http://www.youtube.com/carpoolUK

On the topic of Seinfeld and cars, I found this standup from The Mom and Pop Store episode very entertaining.

Jerry's stand-up: I like the names they have for cars. Like, no baron has ever owned a LeBaron. Or the Ford LTD. "LTD." Limited. It's a "limited" edition...what did they make, fifty million of those? "Yes, it's 'limited' to the number we can sell." Or when they try and mangle a positive word into a car name, you know how they'll do that? The "Integra." Oh, integrity? No, Integra. The "Supra." Or the "Impreza." Yeah? Well, I hope it's not a "lemona"...or you'll be hearing from my "lawya."