Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Justin Beiber Caught Speeding in his Fisker Karma!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had to mention that every time I see this forum topic I start thinking of a variation of the Jane's Addiction song "Been caught stealing" as "Been caught speeding"...

Now that I've mentioned it, I hope to either finish the lyric rework or just stop thinking about it. :rolleyes:

It was a gift from his manager. He was not just speeding for the sake of it. There is a price to be paid for being famous but sometimes the paparazzi go too far.

Bieber was traveling at about 100 mph in his Fisker Karma hybrid.
"It was like a rocket ship coming by, I'm not exaggerating when I say that," KABC quoted Zine as saying. "When it passed me, it had to be going close to 100 mph."
Zine told the Los Angeles Times that the chase between Bieber and the paparazzi spread across the freeway and even on to the shoulder.

It was a gift from his manager. He was not just speeding for the sake of it. There is a price to be paid for being famous but sometimes the paparazzi go too far.

Unless they were directly threatening his life and he was calling the police while doing it, he has no excuse. He's driving a limited production car (Karma) then he customizes it further just in case the Karma didn't draw enough attention to him but yet he wants to blend in? I'm not defending the Paparazzi but if he had crashed and hurt someone, it'd be on him.

That could easily have become a Princess Di moment. The security guy with him should be fired if he encouraged this behavior.

I'm sure that someone is explaining to him that if he keeps this up, he'll be losing his driving license. Reminds me of the Joe Walsh song...

My Maserati does 185
Lost my license, now I don't drive
Have a limo, ride in the back
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/07/reports-justin-bieber-cited-after-freeway-chase/?hpt=hp_t2

Should have been in a Model S, then he could have at least regenerated with his foot off the gas...

The Karma also regenerates when you take your foot off the 'gas' (in Hill Mode 1 or Hill Mode 2, which most drivers have on contantly).

I think Fisker can be happy with owners like Leonardo di Caprio and Ashton Kutcher, but people like Justin Bieber and Tommy Lee will probably do more harm than good to the car's image.

I think Fisker can be happy with owners like Leonardo di Caprio and Ashton Kutcher, but people like Justin Bieber and Tommy Lee will probably do more harm than good to the car's image.

I respectfully disagree. People reading about the Bieber Karma speeding up to 100 mph, dodging paparazzi and sounding like a rocket ship will attract even more people. People who might not necessarily bling it out with chrome wrap, but at least they will assume the car is more sporty than what they have already read about. In my opinion, you buy a Karma because you enjoy the spotlight.