Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

George B and the Tesla stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great interview but I do think TM will have to do some strategic advertising in order to more of those consumers into the TM stores to meet that 20K units annually.

I think they will but doesn't make sense for them to create demand if they can't deliver the cars for a year. They do need to have some sort of backlog though so they don't sit there waiting for orders to come in. I thought they were good interviews as well. GeorgeB always does a good job.

I think they will but doesn't make sense for them to create demand if they can't deliver the cars for a year. They do need to have some sort of backlog though so they don't sit there waiting for orders to come in. I thought they were good interviews as well. GeorgeB always does a good job.

I allow me to clear the air... I should have said after they move the first 5k units and I do agree with the thought that TM needs to have a pool of res holders. I also agree that George B has been doing a good job of finding out how to make the Model S the best.

All of the things they do is the reason that I will only buy a Tesla from here on out.

You know, I'm ready to get in line with you and Bonnie for the kool aid, but I just need to first know that I'll fully enjoy the S. I'm fairly sure I will, but only an extended period with the car can prove if I've been fully weened off my Audis ;)

You know, I'm ready to get in line with you and Bonnie for the kool aid, but I just need to first know that I'll fully enjoy the S. I'm fairly sure I will, but only an extended period with the car can prove if I've been fully weened off my Audis ;)

Once you've driven an EV (or, in my case, an EVer) for an extended period you'll never want to get back to an ICE. This morning I had this sudden feeling of pity for the people in front of me driving ICE-cars and braking constantly for turns and traffic lights, wearing their brakes and wasting energy, whereas I could simply use regenerative braking. And that's just one of dozens of things that tell me ICE's are so obsolete.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but ICE's have engine braking too ;) besides, Audi is dragging their feet, but they have the etron program, and Mercedes is grabbing Tesla power trains. Interesting times ahead. It will be interesting to see how many stick to tesla once other manufacturers catch up.

I think it's more a matter of how many will stick with electric (instead of Tesla). Right now Tesla is at the top of my list because of a number of factors, related to both performance and to how the company operates.

I can't imagine buying an ICE again. And before I bought the Roadster, I had spent zero time thinking about buying an electric car. The conversion was complete once I took a long road trip and realized that range anxiety was, well, unfounded.

AO, I predict you'll feel the same way within no time at all.

Fair enough, but ICE's have engine braking too ;) besides, Audi is dragging their feet, but they have the etron program, and Mercedes is grabbing Tesla power trains. Interesting times ahead. It will be interesting to see how many stick to tesla once other manufacturers catch up.
AO: that's exactly why George B is working hard to create a distinctive and positive brand image. Is my BMW a great car? Sure, give it a solid A. Is the BMW dealer and service experience great? I'd give mine a C-. Tesla is trying to raise that to A+/A+. Even if the car only come in at an A-, though, improving the process of buying and servicing would be enough to keep me with Tesla.

AO: that's exactly why George B is working hard to create a distinctive and positive brand image. Is my BMW a great car? Sure, give it a solid A. Is the BMW dealer and service experience great? I'd give mine a C-. Tesla is trying to raise that to A+/A+. Even if the car only come in at an A-, though, improving the process of buying and servicing would be enough to keep me with Tesla.

Hi Robert,

Good point. My wife and I have always dreaded the car-buying experience. It is like going to the dentist, you know it has to be done, but you really don't want to go. Last year this attitude was reenforced during our abortive attempt to buy a Volt. The other day we had an epiphany when we realized that we were actually seeking out Tesla stores to hangout in. :redface:

Larry

Yup, I hope you're all right. Keep in mind, I'm not hating on Tesla, just speculating as to how things will pan out. The store experience is great, the ordering experience as well. I think the ranger experience, if not too costly, will also push Tesla above the average dealership experience -- though with service centers far in between at the moment, if you opt to drop off instead, it could be another story. From the Roadster folks, it sounds like the "service center" experience, so far, has been better than traditional dealers, but will this scale? Will Tesla offer a service like Fisker where a flatbed comes for your car to take it to the nearest "dealer" (though, not sure what brand damage the image of my Tesla being flat-bedded out of the neighborhood once or twice a year will do).

Lastly, while these are all good things to consider, and more related to the topic of the thread, my original post was more about the car experience. What will the quirks be? Will I enjoy driving it like an Audi or BMW, or, like smoothoperator opines, will it drive like a sedate appliance? If the latter, that could push me away from Tesla, especially if others are doing EVs as well.

No brand damage AO...when TM comes to pick up your Roadster, they use an enclosed trailer...

Yup, I hope you're all right. Keep in mind, I'm not hating on Tesla, just speculating as to how things will pan out. The store experience is great, the ordering experience as well. I think the ranger experience, if not too costly, will also push Tesla above the average dealership experience -- though with service centers far in between at the moment, if you opt to drop off instead, it could be another story. From the Roadster folks, it sounds like the "service center" experience, so far, has been better than traditional dealers, but will this scale? Will Tesla offer a service like Fisker where a flatbed comes for your car to take it to the nearest "dealer" (though, not sure what brand damage the image of my Tesla being flat-bedded out of the neighborhood once or twice a year will do).

Lastly, while these are all good things to consider, and more related to the topic of the thread, my original post was more about the car experience. What will the quirks be? Will I enjoy driving it like an Audi or BMW, or, like smoothoperator opines, will it drive like a sedate appliance? If the latter, that could push me away from Tesla, especially if others are doing EVs as well.

Thanks for sharing Guys!

We really thank you for sharing the episode and hope you guys have liked the video! We will be releasing part III shortly! We appreciate the support!

@BRANDInsider !

George B on how to sell a car and not push it down the buyer's throat:

This is part II of a series of three. I can't find part I (and think part III still has to come out)

Last edited by a moderator:
We really thank you for sharing the episode and hope you guys have liked the video! We will be releasing part III shortly! We appreciate the support!

@BRANDInsider !

What I like about BRANDInsider's video is that we don't see or hear the interviewer. Too many reporters focus on their own appearance and not on what the person they are interviewing is saying. Other good things: the interview doesn't get cut up in sound bites and you don't let image dominate content. Keep up the good work!

Exactly what Rolls and Bently do [deliver in a trailer]. Very smart of Tesla to do likewise.

If you've ever towed a race car, you know that enclosed is the only way to keep it clean for race time (and your car has to be clean or they won't let you race). Because there is no water at most small race tracks, your choice is either bring barrels of water or have the car enclosed. Note that covering it up with just a tarp or car cover doesn't even remotely keep it clean.