Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options you would like to see in the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been actively following the model s discussions, even though I am an X reservation holder. There are definitely some things I would really like to see at this price point, (which I am unsure the S has).... and it seems Tesla employees sometimes frequent this site, so thought it might be a good idea to start a list.
1. roof rack-discussed extensively already, needs ability to hold kayak
2. sunroof
3. memory seated position for at least two drivers.
4. ventilated/cooled seats.
5. heated seats.
6. heated steering wheel.
7. heated side view mirrors/windshield
8. automatic trunk closure
9. blind spot indicator
10. driver seat automatically goes back when turn car off, making ingress and egress easier
11. trunk partition- the old CRV ie not this years model had a midway partition that was solid-ie. can put heavy things on it. this made packing super easy, and usually would throw stuff underneath and put stroller on top.. http://www.suvche.com/UploadFile/product/201032514421972797.jpg

feel free to add to list/comment. i feel these are all reasonable conidering you can get them on most cars for way under the pricepoint of the tesla.

1) has been confirmed (no details on how it will function or what it will hold)
2) it has, though not sure how wide or if it opens (there's windows on the falcon doors)
3) S has this, can't see why the X wouldn't
4) Can't see why they wouldn't be able to get this in S 2.0 and X 1.0
5) S has this
6) same as #4
7) same as #4
8) S has this, I'd imagine a crossover would definitely have it since there's so much focus on storage and cargo room
9) Fairly certain it's coming to S, so #4
10) do we know if this happens or not currently on the S?
11) Never seen that before, but that's a pretty cool idea

I'd like to see a normal door option in place of the falcon doors. we need to be able to put all kinds of stuff on the roof from time to time. skis, kayaks, storage box etc. As long as falcon doors are the only option, the X won't be on our list, sadly.

AnOutsider,
I know it's been confirmed that there would be a "cool" roof rack solution for things like skis. Have you seen somewhere the rack would actually carry bigger objects like kayaks? That would be pretty amazing given the footprint of the door up top.

I'd like to see a normal door option in place of the falcon doors. we need to be able to put all kinds of stuff on the roof from time to time. skis, kayaks, storage box etc. As long as falcon doors are the only option, the X won't be on our list, sadly.

Some alternatives to putting stuff on the roof have been suggested on this thread: Model X Roof Rack|Trailer|Toys

Of particular interest is a lightweight multi-use trailer which would have better aerodynamics than having stuff on the roof. Being a kayaker, I admit though I prefer having them on the roof. Though if I talk about it any more on this thread I will get in trouble with the big bad moderator :scared:

Some alternatives to putting stuff on the roof have been suggested on this thread: Model X Roof Rack|Trailer|Toys

Of particular interest is a lightweight multi-use trailer which would have better aerodynamics than having stuff on the roof. Being a kayaker, I admit though I prefer having them on the roof. Though if I talk about it any more on this thread I will get in trouble with the big bad moderator :scared:

Whose afraid of the big bad moderator? YOU afraid of the big bad moderator!

:)

Options I'd like to see ...

• Easy to install dog barrier (don't like how some off-the-shelf ones dig into the headliner and sides, causing damage)
  • +1 on the small fridge installation
  • tow hitch/wiring standard
  • falcon doors that hinge both at the top and on the side (allowing a roof rack with the latter)
  • ventilation/controls in the back

Actually, it's not 'cleaning a deer', it's 'dressing a deer'. And women are particularly good with the 'dressing' skills.

:)

busted I'm not a hunter, just done some fishing.

I like most of the suggestions already made. I have one slightly radical suggestion. You know how people say, "it even makes you coffee"? Why not have the lower part of the "opportunity space" have a removable coffee capsule brewer. You fill it with water and press the coffee button on the screen. It brews straight into the fitted, no spill insulated mug in the cup holder. Then you really would not have to stop at the gas station. The key to a successful design would be no mess and easily cleanable. And the only better smell than fresh brewed coffee is a hot bag of freshly roasted beans in the car. If you have a local roaster, try it. Can you tell? I'm a coffee addict. We need something other than the falcon wing doors to distract the media from all the truly amazing features and abilities of the Model X.

I have been actively following the model s discussions, even though I am an X reservation holder. There are definitely some things I would really like to see at this price point, (which I am unsure the S has).... and it seems Tesla employees sometimes frequent this site, so thought it might be a good idea to start a list.
1. roof rack-discussed extensively already, needs ability to hold kayak
2. sunroof
3. memory seated position for at least two drivers.
4. ventilated/cooled seats.
5. heated seats.
6. heated steering wheel.
7. heated side view mirrors/windshield
8. automatic trunk closure
9. blind spot indicator
10. driver seat automatically goes back when turn car off, making ingress and egress easier
11. trunk partition- the old CRV ie not this years model had a midway partition that was solid-ie. can put heavy things on it. this made packing super easy, and usually would throw stuff underneath and put stroller on top.. http://www.suvche.com/UploadFile/product/201032514421972797.jpg

feel free to add to list/comment. i feel these are all reasonable conidering you can get them on most cars for way under the pricepoint of the tesla.

12. Should also have memory mirror positions for 2 drivers, if model x ends up with mirrors instead of side cameras. Not sure if this feature would be needed for the camera mirrors.

a trailer is a no go around here for me. It essentially doubles the fee to get on a Ferry and it detracts from the driving experience. When I brought it up with my wife, she simply stated, "the X has those funky doors that make it impossible to put anything on top, that won't work for us, period!" Cool innovations have to be practical or be options.

anoutsider, thanks for taking time to address each point, I learned some things.

Agree with trailer not really an option, have zero room to store a trailer.

Fridges? Coffeemakes? Either you are touring with the grateful dead, or not allowed in the house!:tongue::biggrin:
(if it's the former, I am in!)