Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior - Gray Leather

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen the S with the gray interior? How does it look? My concern with the gray is that the lining in the car (roof) is a tan color. Seems like it would clash. The picture I see on the website looks bad IMO. Thoughts? I wish the light tan was an option without the bigger battery.

White (cream) is the Signature color. Tan is available for all. Gray is only available for non-Sig.

All 3 match ok with the head liner. And it turns out most people don't notice the color of their head liner anyhow. (Quiz: what is the color of the liner in your current car? You sure? Go check...)

Hey Jason, I notice everything. My headliner matches my car now, just fabric instead of leather. I am positive of the color. It is a beige color, my seats are beige leather with black piping. :)

In the picture on the Tesla website the colors seem to clash. First thing I noticed when I selected the gray.

Has anyone seen the S with the gray interior? How does it look? My concern with the gray is that the lining in the car (roof) is a tan color. Seems like it would clash. The picture I see on the website looks bad IMO. Thoughts? I wish the light tan was an option without the bigger battery.

The headliner is white/cream like the signature interior option not tan :)

Here's a photo of three of the interiors.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7153&d=1340862260&thumb=1.jpg

The grey is on the left, tan in middle with white on right.

As Warren states the white is really cream and it matches the headliner. I agree that neither of these interiors clash with the headliner.

Larry

I drove the grey leather performance, and I can honestly say that I never noticed the headliner clashing with the seats. It's not that I am oblivious to such things, I just don't think it really seemed to clash enough for me to notice it.

Same here, although in all honesty I was very focused on the driving experience. On top of that, the car I drove had the panoramic sunroof so there was less headliner to look at.

I also agree with the above poster, in that the color is more off-white than tan.

It's funny, my wife and I really noticed the two-tone in the design studio and talked about how much we hated that look, why had they done it, etc. Then my wife gets into her Jeep with grey leather seats and notices... the pillars and headliner are off-white. We had never noticed after owning the car for 7 years! So if the grey was available sooner we'd go that way and not think twice. As it is we're going black.

Here's a photo of three of the interiors.

The grey is on the left, tan in middle with white on right.

As Warren states the white is really cream and it matches the headliner. I agree that neither of these interiors clash with the headliner.

Larry

Larry,

When I was at the Dania Beach location, I looked at the leather samples. The tan or beige they had there looked darker than that photo shows and the cream/white didn't look very light either. I wonder if those are not the accurate samples? I hope the test cars they have for the Amped Tour will have various interiors. I have plenty of time to decide. I really really want the cream/white but I can't justify spending the extra money as I'm not trading in my car for this.

For those getting the performance Model S, the piping on the grey leather seats matches, to my eye, the headliner/side pillars. The hesitation on my part with the grey and even the tan interior leather trim, is the Design Studio's color depiction does seem to clash with the headliner/side pillars. I have looked at all the color schemes online, and other than the all cream or black interior, none of the choices really gel. After seeing the choices in person, it is apparent, again to my eyes, that reality is in this instance, better than computer generated depictions. Both the grey and tan gel, it's a matter of personal taste IMO.

How is it way off? Please tell me it is a lot lighter in person?
Compare the tan below. I would use words like "more yellowish" and "darker" for the Design Studio version.

Further, I would say the headliner in Design Studio is darker than the cream colored seat in the Test Drive. People at the Test Drive indicated that the headliner is essentially matched to the cream colored seat. This suggests that it's pretty much a "given" that the Test Drive images are darker than the actual vehicle. I'm not sure where the yellowish comes from though.

Design Studio
TeslaModelSInteriorTan.png

Test Drive

Larry,

When I was at the Dania Beach location, I looked at the leather samples. The tan or beige they had there looked darker than that photo shows and the cream/white didn't look very light either. I wonder if those are not the accurate samples? I hope the test cars they have for the Amped Tour will have various interiors. I have plenty of time to decide. I really really want the cream/white but I can't justify spending the extra money as I'm not trading in my car for this.

My photos were taken in sunlight in contrast to a shaded interior.

Here's a photo I took of Steve Jurvetson's tan interior

attachment.php?attachmentid=7154&d=1340862479&thumb=1.jpg

You can see the posts are lighter colored but they do not clash.

Larry

Last edited: