Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Miami, FL (Dania Beach), 7/27 - 7/29

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's definitely going to based at the Dania Beach store/service center. Some Roadster owners have asked about charging facilities and the answer is that they may be limited as those at the store will be used to cycle through the Model S's. Apparently 6+ cars going to be there and maybe up to 10 but Tesla are going to do their best to keep us all happy...anyone in Ft Lauderdale who can let Roadsters charge please let Larry or myself know and we'll pass it around the Roadster owners without posting addresses publicly..

I'm not a local, but this is one of the nearer Amped locations to Dallas :rolleyes:, so assuming I get an invite, I'll be there for my test drive! Taking a couple of days vacation with my wife to make the airfare worthwhile (flying into FLL), so any recommendations on nice hotels are welcome :) bthis will be the first time we've seen ant Tesla in the flesh

I'm not a local, but this is one of the nearer Amped locations to Dallas :rolleyes:, so assuming I get an invite, I'll be there for my test drive! Taking a couple of days vacation with my wife to make the airfare worthwhile (flying into FLL), so any recommendations on nice hotels are welcome :) bthis will be the first time we've seen ant Tesla in the flesh

Hard Rock Hotel ... not near the beach BUT .. not far from Tesla Store and has everything you need right there.

The store is 5 minutes from the airport, so you've got a lot of hotel choices if you want to be near the store. If you want to enjoy Fort Lauderdale, I'd suggest something on the beach, like the W or the Marriott. If you're willing to drive a half hour or so then you can open you options to South Beach or Bal Harbour. The store is right on I-95, so getting there from a distance won't be difficult at all.

Hi Pete,

Your wife and you are welcome to join us at our meet-up.

I'll defer to the advice of our members on the East Coast for hotel recommendations.

Larry

Thanks all. We will visit the retail store as well, but probably won't stay in South Beach, so will look for something near(ish) FLL and the beach...now just need to keep my fingers crossed for an invite from Tesla, I've got one for all the previous drives, so it should be ok...

Thanks all. We will visit the retail store as well,...

Hi Pete,

For what it's worth, Tesla is inadvertantly misleading reservations holders by referring to the "Miami" store on the GET AMPED webpage. Currently there is no Miami store there is only the Dania Beach service center and store. The Miami Beach store won't be available until late August or September.

Larry

Excellent, even better than, we only chose FLL because the flights were a lot cheaper than MIA, but it turns out that's way more convenient as well :)

Couldn't be any more convenient to the Dania store -- the standard test drive they used to give for Roadsters used to take people on the service road by the airport (there are a few videos on You Tube of this).

Plenty of hotels on FLL beach at any budget. This time of year, even a high end hotel like the Hyatt, Marriott or W should be pretty reasonably priced. Las Olas Blvd. near downtown FLL is also a great place to stay and has a couple of nice hotels right on the street. There are several blocks of shopping and dining that draw lots of visitors (and locals). You'll probably be renting a car anyway, in which case the most budget-conscious choice is one of the hotels near the airport (and Dania store), like a Hyatt Place or Courtyard Marriott or something, and then it's a 10 minute drive to the FLL beach or Las Olas or anywhere else you'd want to visit.

If you like gambling you might like Hard Rock, which has blackjack, poker etc., but no craps or roulette, and is probably 10 minutes from the Dania store (and another 10 minutes from the beach).

Thanks. I'm gold with Marriott, so I'll see what they have available as a first option, although maybe the W will make a nice change, since most Marriott rooms look the same the world over (good for business travel, dull for leisure travel!).

Thanks. I'm gold with Marriott, so I'll see what they have available as a first option, although maybe the W will make a nice change, since most Marriott rooms look the same the world over (good for business travel, dull for leisure travel!).

Funny -- I'm Gold with Marriott also (and feel the same way about the rooms)! There's a few Marriott properties near the airport, and then there's a Courtyard (I think) right on A1A (which is the ocean), and a big Marriott right near the ocean off of 17th Avenue. Probably a good opportunity for you to use some of your points :) You can have dinner at the W -- they have a couple of amazing restaurants there.

Funny -- I'm Gold with Marriott also (and feel the same way about the rooms)! There's a few Marriott properties near the airport, and then there's a Courtyard (I think) right on A1A (which is the ocean), and a big Marriott right near the ocean off of 17th Avenue. Probably a good opportunity for you to use some of your points :) You can have dinner at the W -- they have a couple of amazing restaurants there.

Arnold and Pete, I'm also in the Marriott Rewards program (Platinum). Don't forget you can also use Marriott points to stay at Renaissance Hotels. I'm trying the one in Ft. Lauderdale near the cruise ship port. It's about 6 miles from the Dania Tesla Store. I've never stayed there, but I have never been disappointed at a Renaissance hotel, and my hotel standards are pretty high.

Yeah, I've been looking at all the options with Marriott, I'm a snob too, especially when it's on my own dime :). Nothing grabs me. Further south, the Turnberry Isle looks interesting (I'm not too bothered about being on top of Dania). If you want to be disappointed by a Renaissance, try the one at Heathrow, it's dreadful, and nearly always priced lower than the Marriotts nearby.