Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada's First EV-Friendly Region

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is one of my favorite places on the planet to visit. It still feels like a bit of a disconnect when L2 is used to create a long distance driving network. It's certainly a start but fast charging is the only practical way to traverse across a big island like Vancouver unless you are planning on staying over night to charge ... I think it kind of sets up false expectations a bit, but glad to hear they are working on QC's as well. Certainly the Roadster or S would have a much better shot than the Leaf, iMiev or others currently on the market.

this is one of my favorite places on the planet to visit. It still feels like a bit of a disconnect when L2 is used to create a long distance driving network. It's certainly a start but fast charging is the only practical way to traverse across a big island like Vancouver unless you are planning on staying over night to charge ... I think it kind of sets up false expectations a bit, but glad to hear they are working on QC's as well. Certainly the Roadster or S would have a much better shot than the Leaf, iMiev or others currently on the market.

Actually, I have not found that to be the case. What it does require is just taking a little more time with a long day's drive. On Vancouver Island, with the SCH 80A EVSE's (charging rate 100 km/hr), even one intermediate stop of a couple of hours could get you a long distance in a day. For example, in theory, I could drive all the way from my home on SSI to Tofino on one charge, charge at the Wikinninish Inn for two hours over lunch, and drive all the way back, in the same day. That would be a waste of a great opportunity to relax in Tofino, but it is quite possible in a Roadster, and will be in a 60 kWh or 85 kWh Model S or X as well:

Oh, Canada! Our Tesla Roadster Arrives in British Columbia | Blog | Tesla Motors

I think is is GREAT that SCH is putting in 80A EVSE's, at least in some locations. That is a good reason to get the dual chargers in a Model S or X. Most of the other public J1772 EVSE's are only 30A, which is indeed impractical for long trips.

Sun Country's first presence in Québec ?

A first charger in the eastern region of Quebec, makes this an half way point between Quebec City and new Brunswick .

And it says 90Amps in the article. And free charging.

This is awesome news!

I thought SCH would move from west coast to east coast, but it seems they are mixing it up a bit. Similar chargers between Montreal and (1) Quebec and (2) Toronto would make me a VERY happy camper. A camper that will now be getting dual chargers in his S!

- - - Updated - - -

Sun Country has much more than one location in Quebec. They are planning to do a big roll-out soon.

I wonder how that will fit in with the provincial "Circuit Electrique" network of charging stations currently being built.

Hi,

My name is Olivier and i am in charge of SCH operation in Quebec and Maritimes.

The Universel Hotel in Rivière-du-loup is one many other stations that we have deployed in quebec.
We will unveil them every time we do a launch in Quebec and you will be more than impressed with what we have accomplished.

Yes all the stations are 90 amps to accommodate every single Ev owners who drives in and Tesla's are of course top of the line.
Also the stations are free to use when you visit the facilities of our partners (Hotel room, lunch or a quick coffee to fill up)

In the days to come you will see stations all across Quebec, for more informations do not hesitate to contact me via email.
If you want i can put you in a Tesla only list and keep you up to date with the latest news around Quebec, Maritimes and even more in the close future.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Olivier Delisle

[email protected]

Hi,

Do not worry you will be pretty surprised with what we will do in the Maritimes, and no you won't have to wait till 2014 :)

Olivier Delisle

- - - Updated - - -

Stay tuned for more infos regarding the 401 in Ontario and Quebec 20 & 40 highways.

Regarding the Circuit Electric we are not working on the same type of network as we build the most powerful network in the world at 90 amps

Olivier

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

We do have some stations installed in Trois-Rivières they will be officially launched this week.

Tx

Olivier

Another Sun Country charger in Québec ? From the looks of it, it seems to be.

This one is privately owned, but publicly accessible. 15km from the highway 40, in between Montréal and Québec City.

You can shop for furniture at the business owner shop, a Volt owner, while you charge : R.Tessier et Fils

The news : Une borne électrique inaugurée Ã* Saint-Narcisse - Mon véhicule - L'Hebdo Mékinac Des Chenaux

The location : Google Maps

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, in the most EV friendly region of Canada.... :)

Free entry at the 2012 EV trade show, of the EV 2012 ÉV conference, next week, in Montréal : http://www.emc-mec.ca/ev2012ve/en/index.html

EV 2012 VÉ Trade Show open to the general public
Again this year, the general public is invited to learn more about electric cars by visiting the EV 2012 VÉ Trade Show in room 517CD at the Palais des congrès de Montréal, 5th Floor from 12pm (noon) to 7pm on Thursday, October 25, 2012.
You will be asked to register to access the Trade Show free of charge during this period.

Maritime Tour:

How neat will this be- NS, PEI, that little Quebec Island, Newfoundland, and even Labrador! We could trailer across USA, park the rig in Maine near the border, and do an extended electric tour starting from NB. I'll be sure to bring a 120v cable since that's a lot of miles thru many small towns.
--

Maritime Tour:

How neat will this be- NS, PEI, that little Quebec Island, Newfoundland, and even Labrador! We could trailer across USA, park the rig in Maine near the border, and do an extended electric tour starting from NB. I'll be sure to bring a 120v cable since that's a lot of miles thru many small towns.
--

Actually PEI is all done now, NS is in the work and this little island (Iles de la Madeleine) will have to wait next year since it's "closed" for the winter.
that would be a fantastic trip for you and don't worry small towns will also have chargers.
All of them 70 amps and free of charge to use.

- - - Updated - - -

This is awesome news!

I thought SCH would move from west coast to east coast, but it seems they are mixing it up a bit. Similar chargers between Montreal and (1) Quebec and (2) Toronto would make me a VERY happy camper. A camper that will now be getting dual chargers in his S!

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how that will fit in with the provincial "Circuit Electrique" network of charging stations currently being built.

We have absolutely no affiliation with them, we are doing our network and building not only the longest but the most powerful highway in the world.
We have a different model and so do they, thats all fine with me.

The Sun Country Highway "World's Longest/Greenest Highway Project" team is now in Atikokan, ON and Fort Frances, ON later today. Monday it is Kenora, ON and Winnipeg, MB. Tues - Carberry, Virden & Whitewood. We had great media coverage in Thunder Bay. See us on Facebook for regular updates. The goal is to hit Victoria before the end of the world on Dec 21st. :) Stephen Bieda - Sun Country Highway