Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horn sound

Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    There was a recording of the horn in the Fremont test drive (or a week or two later, I forget). FYI.

Edit...

Here you go:
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...l=1#post156910

Yup, Fremont.
    But is that the same sound that comes out of a Production Sig?

Items for Sale
    When my car arrives in the spring and the front bumper is removed for installation of some other mods, I'm going to have a Wolo Air Mite 3 triple tone air horn installed. Click here for the sound: http://www.wolo-mfg.com/405-stereo.wav

I've added loud air horns of this kind to most of my cars. Saved an collision or a pedestrian more than a few times

Name:  405b.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  46.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by marcon View Post
    Well, technically the mean is the average. The value with half of a probability distribution above and half below is the median.
    It doesn't have to be a probability distribution, if we are going to glory in our pedantic selves. The median denotes or relates to a "value or quantity lying at the midpoint of a frequency distribution of observed values or quantities". More practically, it is "the middle number in a given sequence of numbers, taken as the average of the two middle numbers when the sequence has an even number of numbers". Frequency distribution isn't the same as probability distribution (see last definition, or imagine any distribution with two values with one having the most of the probability).

Of course, one is almost always assuming a normal distribution of intelligence, and in that case the median and the mean are the same.

Frankly, I don't see how any of this helps me decide whether to get jump seats or not

Quote Originally Posted by Discoducky View Post
    But is that the same sound that comes out of a Production Sig?
    Sounds about the same to me.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Three weeks into my Model S and I have not had to use the horn yet, but I most certainly will soon enough. There are plenty of bad drivers out there (especially in Chicago) that require some audible alerts to your presence. This is could be more important with pedestrians that won't hear the EV. I'll have to test it out next time I am in the car!

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
    This is could be more important with pedestrians that won't hear the EV.
    Whether or not the pedestrians hear the car coming it's the driver's responsibility not to hit them. Honking a horn shouldn't enter into it. (At least that's what I was taught)
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    Color me happy then!

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    Sounds about the same to me.

Thanks brianman. Very appreciative.

Standard, but not wimpy.

Will do the trick but I will secretly still want an air horn that sounds like freight train or semi truck.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    When my car arrives in the spring and the front bumper is removed for installation of some other mods, I'm going to have a Wolo Air Mite 3 triple tone air horn installed. Click here for the sound: http://www.wolo-mfg.com/405-stereo.wav

I've added loud air horns of this kind to most of my cars. Saved an collision or a pedestrian more than a few times

Name:  405b.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  46.7 KB
    You might find that this is installable from the inside with the Frunk covers removed.
    www.Power12.com ----- Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Non-perf, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

I'm a fan of these: Amazon.com: FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster Horn: Automotive Compact yet nice and loud (130dB). Get one of each tone for the full package. When I was commuting on my motorcycle I installed a set and it made a huge difference.
    Twilight Blue Roadster 2.5 - #1098 / Grey Model S Performance - #1459

Thread Information