Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Tesla Club Meet-up Planned for Saturday, July 28th in Dania Beach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Miami-Ft Lauderdale Get Amped drive still the same weekend (july 27, 28)? Chicago is showing up that weekend....

Hi Steve,

Yes, the official Tesla website list both events. I figure that Illinois and Florida probably don't need half the cars that California does.

These better be good Florida dates, Mary Ellen and I have made non-refundable hotel reservations!! :eek:

Regards,

Larry

Hi Folks,

As you probably know, Tesla has started their GET AMPED Model S tour in which they are offering test drives. For those who plan to take their test drive in Florida, Tesla has set aside Friday, July 27 through Sunday, July 29. We were told the test drives are to be coordinated through the Dania Beach facility rather than the planned store in Miami Beach.

This event provides us with a great opportunity to arrange a club meet-up near the Dania Beach store. Our members are all across the state, but this particular event will provide an incentive for many of us to visit the East Coast and met other members that we rarely get a chance to see.

I would like to plan to meet at the Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant for drinks, lunch and Tesla talk, on Saturday, July 28 in the afternoon. (I’m expecting Saturday to be the most convenient for most people and to have the most available timeslots.) The Islamorada Fish Company is located near the store at 220 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach, FL 33004. It’s only about a mile or so away.

As you receive your GET AMPED invitations from Tesla and select your day and timeslot, please communicate that information to me. I can then determine whether Saturday works for most of us, or add a second day for a meet-up if warranted.

TMC members who have not as yet joined the Florida Tesla Motors Club are welcome to join us at the restaurant.

Florida Tesla Club members who wish to post their contact information, hotel room numbers, etc., should do so at the private discussion Group thread setup for this purpose. To go to the private forum, go to the main menu and select "Community" then select Groups. You should see the Florida Tesla Motors Group forum. The discussion regarding this event is at the bottom of the page below the photos. If you can't access the private Group discussion, make sure that you've responded to my invitation. If you have not as yet communicated your TMC screen name to me, please do so and I'll send you an invitation to join the TMC private Group.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me.

Larry
[email protected]

When do they send out the invitations to the event? I have not seen anything yet.

I plan on going Saturday but just for the day.

The invitations are sent in reservation number sequence. Then they send them out in event order. For instance the Signature reservation holders and the first roughly 4000 General Production reservation holders were invited to Fremont. Then as folks get their test rides or decline, new batches of invitations are sent out in reservation order for the next event in LA, etc. So far I've been invited to Seattle, and declined and invited to Scottsdale, Gaitherburg and Palo Alta and also declined. When they get to Florida I'll accept.

I know it seems a bit convoluted, but its a very fair process.

Larry

I spoke with Albert today about Roadsters coming to the Amped event. He confirmed they are probably going to discourage it because they don't have enough charging stations for both guests and Model S's. Bummer - I was looking forward to the drive in the Roadster down.

Hi Jordan,

Who's Albert? Is he associated with the service side of the Dania Beach operation?

Larry

Any thoughts as to whether or not they will allow repeat drives or allow a Model X reservation holder to drive the Model S?

Thanks... Keith

Hi Keith,

I don't know, but I think it will depend on how busy they are. They've got three days so perhaps if they can't accommodate us on Friday or Saturday things may taper off on Sunday.

Larry