Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Owner's Manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just heard back from a Tesla Ownership Experience Advocate, Stephen Smith. The response was prompt and complete, so kudos to Tesla for that.

According to Stephen, a Model S owner's manual is not yet available. Tesla says that they will hopefully have something for us to educate ourselves within the next couple of months as the bulk of deliveries begin.

This implies to me that there is still a lot of flux in Model S development.

Just curious....Now there's a few cars out there, have any of the new owners checked back in to their "My Tesla" page to see if this button has appeared?:

Untitled.jpg

Saw a couple of mistakes:
1. 19" rims are are listed as 8.0J in front and 9.0J in rear. Guess you would have to dismount the tyres to rotate them… :wink:
2. 21" tyres are listed as Continental DWS instead of DW.
3. Service interval is given as 12 months or 12000 miles instead of 12500 miles as per blogs and discussion here.

Looks like with active air suspension you could use Jack mode and the very high setting to get over ramps, up and down your driveway, in and out of your garage, etc. as long as your speed is under 4.5 mph. As soon as you go faster, it cancels the Jack mode automatically.

Page 29 of the quick guide for owners.

I noticed an interesting feature. The car auto-locks itself when you walk away with the FOB (this can be turned off).

Interesting. It sounds like they've come up with a model where you never lock or unlock anything. You just walk up to the car, open the door, sit down and drive, then get out and walk away.