Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color selection poll

Which color do you plan to select?

• Eclipse Black

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • Catalina White

Votes: 22 8.9%
  • Starlight Silver

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • Pacific Blue

Votes: 40 16.2%
  • Sequoia Green

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • Dolphin Grey

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Sycamore Brown

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • White Water Pearl

Votes: 21 8.5%
  • Signature Red

Votes: 53 21.5%
  • Sunset Red

Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my paperwork on Sig #731. Signature Red, Performance, Pano Roof, Tan Leather, Lacewood, 21" wheels, 3rd row seats, HPWC, no spoiler. CAN. NOT. WAIT!!! Official due date is October, but I'm hoping for mid-September.

If I wasn't getting the Sig, I'd probably get the brown. Beautiful color. Would have liked the blue to be lighter.

the only two colors I didn't get to see were Catalina White and the sunset red at the LA event. However, I'm all in for Pacific Blue with the performance wheels. The pacific blue at LA had the 19" wheels, but a quick photoshop hack I added the dark carbon wheels and that's what I want!!

blue-tesla.jpg

Fascinating - given that silver is the most common car color in the U.S. and among luxury cars. We are a strange bunch...

Whoops - looks like I am out of date. White has edged it out in recent years and both white and black have edged out silver for luxury cars - but this is still a really unusual distribution. Those 3 colors are typically 60% and with gray close to 75%.

IMO, the red results are significantly skewed due to the color limitations of Signature and non-Signature. This also, arguably, inflates the black, white, silver results relative to the other colors as well. For example, if they offered a Signature Blue (i.e. a blue tone but the same "spark" to it that the red has) it is something I would have definitely considered.

Last edited:
At the test drive events, Silver has looked particularly weak compared to the Grey - both in person and in pics; a lot of folks who might have gone for Silver might be opting for the Grey instead.

The poll's a little misleading though; it might have made more sense to break it out into two polls - one for Signature folks and the other for General Production - given the choices (restricted in a sense) for both. Oh wait, Trnsl8r had them back in January before we had seen the colors in the flesh:

What's your color? - Signature
What's your color? - production

I was 100% set on black, but after seeing the sunset red in person at the LA event, I am now torn. I guess the good news is that I have some time to think about it (I have to find some positive aspect to my high reservation number)