Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Scottsdale, AZ, 7/13 - 7/15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gjunky

Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs
Mar 26, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Starting a thread to discuss information about the Get Amped Event for Scottsdale AZ to discuss who and when you get your email invites as well as information from the actual event as it happens. It might be possible that the store in Fashion Square is going to open around the same time (no information yet but the Mall is showing it as "Coming Soon" in their directory now). Information on the store and its opening could be posted here too.

I hope to have a test drive on Friday too, it looks like we will probably have a lot of time slots available: Test drive is next week and yet this thread hasn't even hit page #2. The Portland and Chicago threads already has 3 pages and their test drives are 3 weeks away!

I'll be booking a Saturday test drive as soon as I get my invite. If history is any indicator, I should get my email on the 7th or 8th.

I looked through a crack in the temporary wall at Scottsdale Fashion Square. They have substantial work to do, so I have my doubts that it'll be open on the 13th. Of course, with enough scheduled overtime anything is possible...

Received our invite this afternoon and have scheduled for 10 am Saturday. I guess our prediction of connecting the test drives to the opening of the Fashion Square Dealership may be accurate as that is the location listed for the test drives.

Hopefully they will include 101 in the test drive route. I can't see how we can 'amp' up to 85mph in downtown Scottsdale.

Looks like the emails for Scottsdale, DC, and Palo Alto went out 9 days prior to the events. I'm fairly sure that MarkV is accurate that the location of the test drive is the new Scottsdale Fashion Square store. I'm kinda disappointed that there aren't viable locations for high speeds within the 8-10 minute parameter stated as the length of the test drive.

Last edited:
Has anyone received invitation email in the past 2 days? The first one went out on 7/4 but so far nothing after that. I am guessing since there are 3 test drive locations this weekend (3 cars per location?), it maybe the AZ slots are all taken up.

Meet, Greet (and drink?) - Saturday, July 14, 7pm

Arizona Enthusiasts Are Invited! My wife and I would enjoy the chance to connect with others and share impressions & questions after Saturday's Get Amped event in Scottsdale. Owners, reservation holders, and enthusiasts are welcome to join similarly minded Tesla affectionados at our home in North Scottsdale on Saturday, July 14 starting at 7pm. Plan to bring a partner, photos, questions, and/or concerns.

Yes . . . we know that some people won't have a drive time until Sunday and others may not have received a reservation at all, but that won't deter a lively discussion. if you're interested, please PM me and I will forward the address, gate code, etc. Hope to see you all next week! Mark & Lu