Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#112 - Black - San Carlos, CA [SOLD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great price for a very sharp car. I thought that I had paid about the lowest price for an '08 but looks like this one will slide in below mine....although it has 2.5X the miles on it that I have on mine.

Someone should snap this up---still no bids.

Last edited:
I paid $60K with 14K miles on it. I actually felt guilty buying it - the original owner was a great guy and I really enjoyed meeting him but he had 1 other Tesla and an S on order so was willing to move it with minimal fuss. I was very lucky.

I will admit I had a good mind to call up and speak to them about getting that car but I thought the price was too low. I even spoke to someone else in the know lets say and he agreed so I left it. Anyway good luck to the owner.

Congrats and welcome!

Some readers worry about battery condition of cars at the lower price points, or 37k miles, etc. Others don't. Sounds like yours is in good shape - can you say how many ideal miles are shown after full standard charge?

I had to give a little cash but it was more than a fair swap from my side. I'm gonna give it the 2012 make over (front spoiler, suspension, headlights). Only bummer was there was no 220 charger so I gotta grab one of those.
Any tesla events or gatherings owners do?

- - - Updated - - -

Mine only shows 189 fully charged. Tesla said it may increase after I drive it a little, but could be slightly off from storage. What did a 2008 hold fully charged brand new ?

Mine only shows 189 fully charged. Tesla said it may increase after I drive it a little, but could be slightly off from storage. What did a 2008 hold fully charged brand new ?

Welcome to the forum! And congrats on your acquisition.

First up, take a minute to introduce yourself over here: Introductions

I guess you're in California? There are regional threads for meets/events and the California one is here: California

There are huge amounts of information and experience to be found in the Roadster sub-forum and you'll make good use of the search function (top right corner of this page).

If you're getting 189 miles off a standard charge that's absolutely fine and quite comparable with even newer cars. You should do a "range mode" charge at some point and see what you get there, ideally it will be ~240 miles. Note that a "range" charge with 110v will take forever so you'll want to find a UMC pretty soon; you can buy them from Tesla or occassionaly they pop-up on ebay.

- - - Updated - - -

189 is a great number for std mode - thanks for sharing. I believe the number for fully charged std mode brand new is 80%*240 (i.e., 192), but others can confirm that. I am coming up on 9000 miles for one of the earliest cars made and routinely see 190 miles after full std charge. It initially showed about 185 after coming out of storage for several months, but increased as the pack had more opportunities to balance.

An owner-based study of pack performance can be found here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/6491-Roadster-Owner-Based-Study-of-Battery-Pack-Capacity-Over-Time?highlight=study