Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Los Angeles, 6/29 - 7/1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the things that struck me as I watched all of the Freemont videos is what a cool test route they were able to use. It included private straight aways and turns as well as public streets that were wide open, a bumpy road, a twisty freeway onramp. Could hardly have designed a better 8 minute test if they were building it themselves. Leaves me wondering how they're gonna create anything nearly as cool down here in L.A. If you look at an overhead of the area, not much there that compares. 120th street could be a clear straight away and the 105 might be clear but anyone who lives here knows that's no guarantee. Maybe the can take over the airport and build a track! Anyone have any idea how they can get any interesting driving going in Hawthorne?

I know. I'm worried about the same things for the Seattle test drive. I wonder if they're going to use part of an airfield or maybe a local track.

Also, just to satisfy my curiosity, someone should describe what it' like to floor it at hit the 75 mph cap they introduced. I wonder if it will let the speed go over, but let the power applied fall off so that it coasts back down to 75, or if the acceleration will decrease before you get to 75, so that you level off smoothly, or, if unfortunately, it sort of suddenly "stops" at 75, which would give you a jerky feeling.

Anyone have any idea how they can get any interesting driving going in Hawthorne?

When Tesla first did test drives of the Roadster they created a nice mini auto cross track on the runway of the airport. No reason they couldn't use the runway for some nice speed tests with the S. They might also have Jack Northrop Ave closed off for test runs too (they did that at the original S launch party three years ago).