Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ticketed for parking Roadster in alternative-fuel area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
Not sure what forum this fits in but here goes ...
I parked at Logan in the alternative-fuel area.. got a ticket ... I appealed it and won but the letter said I might not win in the future because I need a sticker that clearly marks the car as electric because the staff can't tell what is and isn't electric. Um, OK. Is there a standard? I dunno. I call Tesla -- not aware of anything federal or state (massachusetts). I call Mass Port (resposible for parking @ Logan airport) and they have no idea either. "Uh, so what do I do?" "Keep appealing it I guess"
Ugh.
Maybe I'll print my own professional-looking sticker. Or maybe I'll just put a post-in note on the car.

I parked at Logan in the alternative-fuel area.. got a ticket ... I appealed it and won but the letter said I might not win in the future because I need a sticker that clearly marks the car as electric because the staff can't tell what is and isn't electric. Um, OK. Is there a standard? I dunno. I call Tesla -- not aware of anything federal or state (massachusetts). I call Mass Port (resposible for parking @ Logan airport) and they have no idea either. "Uh, so what do I do?" "Keep appealing it I guess"
Ugh.
Maybe I'll print my own professional-looking sticker. Or maybe I'll just put a post-in note on the car.

If they don't know enough to know which cars are electric, they should not be allowed to be writing tickets. They should fire the one who wrote the ticket for being unable to do the job properly.

If they don't know enough to know which cars are electric, they should not be allowed to be writing tickets. They should fire the one who wrote the ticket for being unable to do the job properly.

Does the car have a tailpipe? No, then it's most likely an EV. It's not rocket science, but made by those who associate with them :wink:

Ugh.

In California there is a special sticker you have to get, IIRC it cost $2, that says you're allowed to use electric chargers! Without it, you're not...

Hrm, maybe I should get one of these: Massachusetts will distribute happy little EV license plates

I'm about to test the waters at Logan again. I'll at least print up something. We'll see how this goes :-\

Ticketed again. Even with an 8 1/2 X 11 sign indicating the car is electric. I feel like going and parking every day and contesting every ticket until they get pissed off enough to fix their @#$! :cursing: I need to find someone @ massport I can talk to ... sigh