Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for video & audio equipment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
I've got some amazon gift certificates to spend ... and I'm thinking I want something I can record some awesome Model S video (and awesome sound -- remote mic attached to my shirt or something). Given that I'll be taking only *some* video by hand walking around the car, but most of it while driving ... being able to mount it in the car and perhaps my head (less important) is a requirement. I do have a suction-cup mount that I used before with an older camera I used for video. Of course the video should be 1080p but more importantly, the quality of the video and compression should be outstanding. Autofocus should be fast and silent. Manual focus might be a requirement but I'm thinking good autofocus should be sufficient (I've had issues with slow autofocus or autofocusing on the wrong things). Remote mic for when I mount the camera and I need my voice to be clear and background audio dumped. Should also work well in low-light. Let's assume a $500 budget for now. I could go higher but I'm not wild about carrying around expensive equipment. If there's something that's stupid-better for $750 (or whatever), I'll consider it.
I know I could go to an A/V forum but figured people here will have some good advice, especially when it comes to getting good video of a car ... TIA!