Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
might be old news, sorry if I did miss it prior to today.
At the event to day, the red performance Model S have a front licens plate holder - though there is not any licens plate mounted.

go check the live stream from the 22/6 event

Smacked in the middle like that would look odd. I would have expected a frame holder off to the side somewhere, kind of like this:

camaroaltecshoNgoframe.jpg

I belive it is difficult to judge the front plate holder yet.
One will have to see it with a plate mounted and also with som better (high res) photos -

it looked ok to me, here in denmark we can choise between "thin" plates og "high" plates so the form was alright to me :)

Smacked in the middle like that would look odd. I would have expected a frame holder off to the side somewhere, kind of like this:

View attachment 6951

Wow, that's really ugly. Looks like a dog with it's tongue hanging out, and the off-centre grabs more attention, I think. Up here centre is not noticeable because it is the same on pretty much every vehicle. Although I noticed on my brother's truck the front plate is low and at an angle so you almost can't see it, I wouldn't mind that.

Thanks, Doug! That's not so bad...well, once it's got a white plate on it, sure ;-), but I'm not sure it'd look any better if it were lower. That black area looks a bit odd on a lighter colour car anyway. With a light car, I'd want the plate lower, but on a darker car, my state's white plates will look bad anywhere.

Is the plastic nose cone swappable then? If you moved to a state that didn't require a front plate, would you just buy the other nose?

My impression was always that it was designed for states without front plates, and the front plate was an afterthought--a "solution" (to a problem they should've designed for initially, IMHO). So I'm not sure there're two noses, and I wonder how much it'd cost to replace it anyway (would the whole front need to be disassembled?).

Now you have me wondering, though...if I could get a different colour nose cone, to make the license plate not look so jarring (again, it's white or barely-off-white in my state), I'd love that. I'd even pay a bit extra. I hope they improve this at some point. Not a big deal, but t'would be nice.