Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Launch Event 6/22/2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I just can't seem to reconcile in my mind that tomorrow is the day. It seems like we've been talking about this like it is so far in the future for such a long time, that I just can't quite grasp the fact that tomorrow the wait will be over. It's almost kinda sad, I suspect an EV strain of Stockholm Syndrome.

Right?

I was just having the same thought! I know that I'm not getting my Model S tomorrow (or even next month, or the month after that, or the month....) but simply knowing that deliveries are starting is pretty unreal.

I was lamenting the fact that I was not going to be able to watch the deliveries tomorrow online because I will be on an airplane. My wife burst out laughing; I'll be on a plane headed down to the Bay Area for the event the next day and will finally get to see the car in person. She's probably right. It's pretty funny that I'm bummed about seeing it online because I'm headed to see them in person. Then again, there is something pretty cool about the idea that, by this weekend, there will be several Model S out on the road being driven by actual customers (even if they are founders).

I think lots of people here are not as excited as they should be. I don't feel the excitement. Everybody here, the fans, seem to be in waiting mode, downplaying tomorrow's event.

It feels a bit weird. I am fairly new here so I don't have a history of long wait you guys had. I feel weird because I have the impression of being the only one so horny about this event I can't stay in place...

Am I the only one counting minutes?

I have the impression of being the only one so horny about this event I can't stay in place...

Wasted a perfectly good bottle of water reading this :p

For me, it's somewhat exciting, but not overwhelmingly-so. We knew Tesla would deliver, and 2 cars have already gone out. I'm more interested in how quickly they ramp up after these deliveries. I won't speak for others, but I do know for some it's good seeing progress, but the "true excitement" is a ways off for their own deliveries.

I think it may have been Nigel or GG that said we have "beta fatigue". For me, that's extending a bit to this event as well. It WILL be cool to see the pics from this weekend though. Center console, new colors, new tidbits of info streaming back in. There's your erection.

Wasted a perfectly good bottle of water reading this :p

For me, it's somewhat exciting, but not overwhelmingly-so. We knew Tesla would deliver, and 2 cars have already gone out. I'm more interested in how quickly they ramp up after these deliveries. I won't speak for others, but I do know for some it's good seeing progress, but the "true excitement" is a ways off for their own deliveries.

I think it may have been Nigel or GG that said we have "beta fatigue". For me, that's extending a bit to this event as well. It WILL be cool to see the pics from this weekend though. Center console, new colors, new tidbits of info streaming back in. There's your erection.

Shewingggg
:biggrin:

LOL, and I thought I was bad on these forums! Oh brother, you raised the bar guys, or should I say lowered it?

Anyway, I am super SUPER excited and my wife can attest to it. There is also a ton of apprehension, tension, fear, almost like a first date with the woman of your DREAMS! It's hard to put into words, I know this date will definitely order the filet mignon and lobster and since I'm a very high Sig, she's not even really taking me beyond first base for many more months but still. Super excited!!

Last edited:
LOL, and I thought I was bad on these forums! Oh brother, you raised the bar guys, or should I say lowered it?

Anyway, I am super SUPER excited and my wife can attest to it. There is also a ton of apprehension, tension, fear, almost like a first date with the woman of your DREAMS! It's hard to put into words, I know this date will definitely order the filet mignon and lobster and since I'm a very high Sig, she's not even really putting out for many more months but still. Super excited!!

Mixed company, guys...