FWIW, here is a check list of things to get from the seller or ask about:
- Title signed over or with a separate bill of sale
- Registration certificate
- PIN for the car
- Keys, usually 3
- Manuals -- under passenger seat -- there are several Tesla manuals. Ask about a JVC manual for the radio/GPS
- Tool kit -- the "key" to the locking lug bolts is critical (Tesla can replace, but expensive), socket for regular lug bolts, tow hook, etc.
- Front license bracket, if not attached.
- Ask if the seller has a remote for the radio.
- What ever electrical connectors were included in the deal.
Check the condition of the tires right away. You may need new ones. Read the threads here for ideas.