Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Cincinnati area Tesla owners willing to help out a local Fire Department?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rifleman

Now owns 2 Model S's!!!
Nov 29, 2011
Harrison Ohio
For those of you who do not know me in real life, I am a volunteer firefighter. On August 16th, I will be teaching a class to my department (and possibly the neighboring departments as well) about electric vehicles. The main goal of this class is to educate fire fighters about EV's, and to dispel some of the myths about them (the typical "they catch fire in a crash" or "you will get electrocuted if you try to extricate a patient after a crash" type of myths)

This will be a short class, with about an hour of power point, followed by an opportunity for the firemen to actually take a look at some EV's, to see the power disconnects and the orange cables, and to connect and disconnect them from EVSE. I have already been working the local Nissan and Chevy dealers to have cars available for this event, but I would love to have a Tesla available as well (and sadly P8661 will be no where near available at this time).

If there are any Tesla owners within range of northern Cincinnati who would be willing to let a group of volunteer firemen drool over your car for an hour on the evening of August 16th, it would really help us out (and would help educate first responders about our favorite brand of cars)