149 26.65%
  • Forget seat 5, give me more in the back

107 19.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Johann Koeber View Post
    You got it - that would be wonderful.
    Johann, if you have an iPhone just have a look DriverslogPro.

Quote Originally Posted by T@oo View Post
    Johann, if you have an iPhone just have a look DriverslogPro.
    Looks like this is for me! Thank you so much.

It even tracks changes I make in the database, so there is a chance the German authorities will accept it as proof. Looks really good.
    complete Tesla family: Roadster EU VIN 968 delivered July 31, 2012
    MSP EU SP VIN 29134 delivered March 21, 2014
    MX EU X P#85

Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    Perfect! There's a place for the phones and keys now. And, is that cover for the center console area the same wood trim (Obeche here) as chosen for the dash?! Neat idea although it can get scuffed up easily.
    Hmm, you could be right, but to me, it looked like a ridged rubber at first glance.

The problem is the space, not the lack of console...

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I love the idea of this console. The empty space there has been the only thing that I really haven't been excited about.

I think one would have to think about what is useful in this area, what is practical for the automobile, and what doesn't detract from the overall style of the car.

In my opinion, I don't think this has to be much to really be useful.

I like the idea of at least one compartment for a variety of items: chargers, wallets, small purse, keys. Another compartment would be close to where the existing cigarette lighters and USB ports are for hiding said devices that are charging or "permanently" plugged in such as a USB stick for music or hard drive. I don't know how practical laptop charging would be, but perhaps it would be nice to have a port through which a charging wire would exit the compartment and could be plugged into a device outside the compartment.

I was thinking something like this (more elevated, less elevated...):

Attachment 6841
    Hey I am impressed by the contour of your computer-graphed console in this thread. Good shape and profile. I have spent quite a bit of time in the Model S, behind the wheel and in the passenger seat - a few hours total. As much as I loved it at first, there is a weird awkwardness about the open space between the driver and passenger. Initially, I admired the space, immediately appreciating the electric drive train and battery placement changes that have followed the Roadster to make the a flat, uninterrupted chassis from dash to tail possible. But my admiration gave way to a feeling that I wanted that space filled, to form a traditional "cockpit". Yet I do not miss a console per say. I don't want all that crap shoved there as in my...Volvo! After some thought I'd propose: Build a low-profile console. Not too obstructive, not too high. Let the driver feel the space you have created - unique to the Model S. Leave a place to put: a cell phone with charger (horizontal opening angled toward the dash to allow the phone to "sit" well, loose change (must be a close-able container), a fitness club/parking garage card, retractable cup holders, chargers for the passenger's iPad/phone/laptop/Kindle (9V and USB). And one more small 5 by 5 inch compartment for...dunno (my son's CD Rom, my daughter's clay cup, my wife's whatever, my baseball hat... And that's it. Leave room for the purse/bag? Maybe have the console stop at the average seat edge as it leaves the dash (leaving room for a bag between the seats). In short, guide the space but do not fully fill it. Computer graphics members, please dig in...

Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Hmm, you could be right, but to me, it looked like a ridged rubber at first glance.
    If you look at the high res pic it's clear they're using the same wood trim. It's certainly an improvement over carpet, but GG makes a good point that this could get scratch up pretty well.

And what's up with this thread? It's as if it got merged with some other discussion completely off topic, and no one has commented on the newer, refined center console and cubby. Even Bonnie is mentioning 6 pages of off topic conversation when her post was on page 11. Something seems amiss!

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    And, is that cover for the center console area the same wood trim (Obeche here) as chosen for the dash?! Neat idea although it can get scuffed up easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Tesla Model S drive - Engadget Galleries

See the interior of the white car. That's CF covering the center console area matching the dash!!
    Awaiting VIN P 65513 - P85D, Performance Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Black Alcantara Headliner, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA December 2014

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August 2014

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're both right. Looks like they're using matching dash material with rubber ridges on top for some level of protection.

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    You're both right. Looks like they're using matching dash material with rubber ridges on top for some level of protection.
    Very slick! Can't see myself covering that up with any console now
    Awaiting VIN P 65513 - P85D, Performance Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Black Alcantara Headliner, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA December 2014

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August 2014

Very slick! Can't see myself covering that up with any console now
    It is slick looking, but still lacks function as far as I'm concerned. It's great for a laptop bag, backpack, or gym bag, but those could just as easily be thrown in the frunk or trunk, and you won't always be traveling with a bag. So then it becomes this open void of unconcealed storage where it likely becomes a receptacle for crap. Loose papers, receipts, coins (rattling around), chargers, makeup, kid's toys, etc. Not exactly the look I'm going for with a car of this price. Still needs CONCEALED storage IMHO. But I'll be the first to say that I'm at least impressed by Tesla's quick reaction time to get that cubby in place, refine the look of the 'negative space', and add rear seat cup holders. Bravo Tesla!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    I'd love to see that in the CF if anyone has found a pic?

Thread Information