Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Albuquerque

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been away from this forum for a while, so it is great to see more New Mexican Tesla owners/reservation holders. I am waiting for a production Model S. I am delayed for two reasons. I chose the 60 kwh battery and I deferred to get the 2013 red. This means my car won't go into production until the last Signature is made so they can switch colors in the paint bay. I was told they expect this to be March and my fingers are cramping from being crossed for so long. Waiting for the electrician today to get an estimate for a NEMA 14-50 in my garage. Always waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Terry, congratulations! Please post comments about your return trip. I have thought about picking up my car from the factory when the time comes, but was worried about making the first drive such a long one. I won't have my car until after March, but if everyone else meets early next year, I'd love to join in (if you don't mind an ICE car pulling up next to all those Teslas!)

Deb and I made it back to Albuquerque yesterday and it was quite an adventure. The car was superb. We managed the entire trip down the coast highway to Monterey, Cambria, Oxnard and across to Palm Springs without using any of the superchargers. We learned that all the J1772 chargers that we found were the 30 amp variety and unless you could plug in over night they were completely inadequate. We had our best luck with extending a day's drive with 50 amp 14-50 plugs at RV parks. A lunch time stay of 2 to 3 hours could extend the drive from 60-90 miles if we needed it, giving us a range of over 330 miles with some cushion. Palm Springs to Phoenix through Blythe was an example. The Woodalls.com RV website was actually more helpful than Recargo and many of the RV parks gave us free electricity! So until Tesla superchargers appear along I-40 we probably won't be taking any long trips! It is possible to zip around California using the superchargers but getting across Arizona probably will take a P85 and some patience.

I'm also in Albuquerque, north of Paseo & Eubank. I'm US P #16743. Hopefully time to finalize will come within the next few months. I should have registered when I visited the Santana Row store in San Jose last August. I would have taken delivery by now!

Anyone else here? Crickets?

My finalization came much sooner than I had anticipated, and the initial delivery estimate is Feb-Mar! I figured my worst-case would be delivery in September. I reasonably expected June or July & hoped for May.

The few of us in Burque should get together.

My P85 was delivered today. I've seen at least three different Model S around town (brown, blue & white), my wife has seen another silver, and my brother a silver (same one?) with tag TESLA1. Any of you members here? I've seen ExhilR8's track videos in another thread, but haven't seen any sig reds driving around.

Congratulations on your delivery! I know of three Model S owners in Sandia Heights, silver, white and blue (mine). We'll have to get together sometime. I talked last week to a Tesla Service rep, down here from Denver, and he estimated 25 Model S cars in Abq now.

Wow, 25! I'm surprised to not see more. I wonder how many we need for our own service center... :wink:

I'm in Eunice. Considering building an HPWC corridor from Carlsbad to ABQ. Probably Carlsbad-Roswell-Socorro; there are no plans for SCs here in the next 5 years. I already have one extra HPWC ready to be donated if I can find a business in Carlsbad willing to accept... Any advice?