Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Albuquerque

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTan85 View Post
    Did anyone go to this Tesla event in Santa Fe this weekend and maybe ask the Tesla people what is the status of the SuperCharger that's supposed to be "Coming Soon" in the local area? I am real keen on a Santa Fe / Lamy supercharger....
    There was no event per se, just test drives. One of the Tesla reps did mention Denver direction Superchargers by January, but nothing around Lamy or Santa Fe. I think Las Vegas, NM and ABQ Superchargers are going to be the closest ones.

Update:
    Supercharger between Denver and Santa Fe will be done by January. I couldn't remember if it was June or January. I have just confirmed it is January. Is anyone driving the I-25 in December. Maybe you can scout?
    Last edited by ModelS4Taos; 2014-10-21 at 01:34 PM.

Sig S#118; R#770 (ret.) stevezzzz's Avatar
    I hope they're bringing SpC's online soon at ABQ, Las Vegas, Trinidad and Colorado Springs: the TM Supercharger map calls those '2014' sites, but we all know what that doesn't mean.
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

We completed a 6000+ mile adventure in August in our MS85 including the trip from Denver to Santa Fe and then to Gallup and up to Utah. We skipped Albuquerque but would have appreciated a SC there. We drove the segment from Denver to Santa Fe with an overnight stop at the Raton, New Mexico KAO. We started with a full charge of 260RM after dinner next to the Lone Tree SC (plenty of restaurant options there) and headed out just before dark. We stopped for coffee in Colorado Springs and got another 18 miles in one hour from the J1772 in the public parking garage. After some fretting about whether we would get over the Raton Pass (elev. 7800+ feet) we coasted all the way down into Raton with 32RM to spare. We stayed overnight in Raton in one of the KAO’s Kabins (they are clean and comfortable, and late arrival is OK but reservations are required) and got a full charge using the campground’s 14-50. The next day we drove to Santa Fe via Taos. This drive from Raton to Taos was scenic, yet the hills were low and we used only a bit more than RM. We used a 110v outlet for a few hours in Taos, and the drive from Santa Fe to Taos was OK -- more commercial and mostly flat. We had at least 30RM to spare coming into Santa Fe, and we used the ChargePoint charger in the Santa Fe convention center public parking near the plaza, which is on the first parking level and works well. The main risk on the Denver to Raton and Taos to Santa Fe segments was that there were few charging options along the way, but it proved not to be a problem for the MS85 with a little topping up along the way.

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrva View Post
    We completed a 6000+ mile adventure in August in our MS85 including the trip from Denver to Santa Fe and then to Gallup and up to Utah. We skipped Albuquerque but would have appreciated a SC there. We drove the segment from Denver to Santa Fe with an overnight stop at the Raton, New Mexico KAO. We started with a full charge of 260RM after dinner next to the Lone Tree SC (plenty of restaurant options there) and headed out just before dark. We stopped for coffee in Colorado Springs and got another 18 miles in one hour from the J1772 in the public parking garage. After some fretting about whether we would get over the Raton Pass (elev. 7800+ feet) we coasted all the way down into Raton with 32RM to spare. We stayed overnight in Raton in one of the KAO’s Kabins (they are clean and comfortable, and late arrival is OK but reservations are required) and got a full charge using the campground’s 14-50. The next day we drove to Santa Fe via Taos. This drive from Raton to Taos was scenic, yet the hills were low and we used only a bit more than RM. We used a 110v outlet for a few hours in Taos, and the drive from Santa Fe to Taos was OK -- more commercial and mostly flat. We had at least 30RM to spare coming into Santa Fe, and we used the ChargePoint charger in the Santa Fe convention center public parking near the plaza, which is on the first parking level and works well. The main risk on the Denver to Raton and Taos to Santa Fe segments was that there were few charging options along the way, but it proved not to be a problem for the MS85 with a little topping up along the way.
    Another choice on this path is to drive to Salida, CO where there is a 70A J1772 available at Wood's High Mountain Distillery during business hours, then head south. I have used a 14-50 the Taos Valley RV Park in Taos that is 3 miles or so south of the center of Taos.
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    Another choice on this path is to drive to Salida, CO where there is a 70A J1772 available at Wood's High Mountain Distillery during business hours, then head south. I have used a 14-50 the Taos Valley RV Park in Taos that is 3 miles or so south of the center of Taos.
    Still planning to put 80amp charger in the Taos area?

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelS4Taos View Post
    Still planning to put 80amp charger in the Taos area?
    I've got a 70A Clipper Creek J1772, if you can find a good host site in Taos.

Also, there must be some "green" hotels and/or restaurants in Taos that would be interested in Tesla's Destination Charging program. You're local, give some a call!
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    I've got a 70A Clipper Creek J1772, if you can find a good host site in Taos.

Also, there must be some "green" hotels and/or restaurants in Taos that would be interested in Tesla's Destination Charging program. You're local, give some a call!
    I found a good spot near Taos. Sent you a PM.

Thread Information