Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Albuquerque

Greetings, fellow NM Tesla owners! I just today found this thread! My Model S was delivered on May 25 and we have had a blast driving it, mostly in town. Ours is Oearl white, pano, 21" grey wheels, tech, tan interior, obeche matte. When the tech was down here last month, he mentioned that they call this color combo the "Storm Trooper". I live just south of Paseo and Eubank and license plate is "Model S", so if you see me cruisin', let's chat. FYI I had the Expel Ultimate wrap installed in Santa Fe and the job is excellent. Let me know if you want a contact number. The tech told me there are about 100-120 Teslas in NM, so with that many, we should get together and share info.

Items for Sale
    I live in Taos and my Red Model S is the only Tesla in this area. I'm the Tesla sales person from northern NM. We were on the Home and Garden tour this year and we had 556 people visit. The Tesla got the biggest response. I have literally shown and giver test drive to dozens of people. We are totally solar powered that made the Tesla even more attractive.
    I invested in Tesla stock early so i"m on the buy one get one free program. Our Model X order #7748, the all wheel drive cross over will be the a big hit in NM, I think it will out sell the Model S.

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by TaosTho View Post
    I live in Taos and my Red Model S is the only Tesla in this area. I'm the Tesla sales person from northern NM. We were on the Home and Garden tour this year and we had 556 people visit. The Tesla got the biggest response. I have literally shown and giver test drive to dozens of people. We are totally solar powered that made the Tesla even more attractive.
    I invested in Tesla stock early so i"m on the buy one get one free program. Our Model X order #7748, the all wheel drive cross over will be the a big hit in NM, I think it will out sell the Model S.
    You ROCK ! ! Keep up the great work (selling) in Taos, and we will continue to do likewise here on the East Coast.

Tesla for a night!

Wanted to let anyone (like me!) who have not bought your Tesla yet (M3 for me I'm afraid...) that there is an amazing opportunity happening now in our area.

In conjunction with the Santa Fe Independent Film Festival, organizers have set up a free raffle. The winner gets to take home a Tesla for a night!

Please see details at the theater web site:
    Events - Jean Cocteau Cinema

Also, Tesla Motors will be having an event in Santa Fe this weekend October 18-19. Please see the Tesla Motors web site for details.

To quote/paraphrase an earlier post in the Model D announcement:
    ohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!

Model S VIN #5785
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
    Wanted to let anyone (like me!) who have not bought your Tesla yet (M3 for me I'm afraid...) that there is an amazing opportunity happening now in our area.

In conjunction with the Santa Fe Independent Film Festival, organizers have set up a free raffle. The winner gets to take home a Tesla for a night!

Please see details at the theater web site:
    Events - Jean Cocteau Cinema

Also, Tesla Motors will be having an event in Santa Fe this weekend October 18-19. Please see the Tesla Motors web site for details.

To quote/paraphrase an earlier post in the Model D announcement:
    ohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!
    Are there any good overnight charging options in Santa Fe? A hotel with a 14-50 or perhaps an RV park across the street from a hotel? Plugshare doesn't seem to list anything very encouraging.

My wife and I are road tripping to Las Cruces over thanksgiving and I'd love take a detour to show her Santa Fe on the way back. Unfortunately decent charging opportunities look pretty sparse between Las Cruces and the supercharger in Gallup so the trip to Santa Fe may have to wait until the "2014" dot near Albuquerque becomes an actual supercharger. But I'd love to find a way to make the trip happen this year that doesn't involve a 17 hour recharge at a public J1772 or sleeping in the back of a Model S at an RV park (I'd be up for it, but my wife didn't find the idea too appealing).
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/image...field_edit.gifReservation #16,132; delivered on 3-2-2013; 85 kWh non-perf, blue/black leather/obeche gloss, tech, sound, air susp, parcel shelf

Quote Originally Posted by wraithnot View Post
    Are there any good overnight charging options in Santa Fe? A hotel with a 14-50 or perhaps an RV park across the street from a hotel? Plugshare doesn't seem to list anything very encouraging.

My wife and I are road tripping to Las Cruces over thanksgiving and I'd love take a detour to show her Santa Fe on the way back. Unfortunately decent charging opportunities look pretty sparse between Las Cruces and the supercharger in Gallup so the trip to Santa Fe may have to wait until the "2014" dot near Albuquerque becomes an actual supercharger. But I'd love to find a way to make the trip happen this year that doesn't involve a 17 hour recharge at a public J1772 or sleeping in the back of a Model S at an RV park (I'd be up for it, but my wife didn't find the idea too appealing).
    There is a high speed charging point located next to the Whole Foods on Cerrillos Rd. It is within walking distance of downtown Santa Fe and there are lots of hotels in the area. I don't know what its policies are to use it. I know it is open to the public but no other details. It was placed there by our local solar provider Positive Energy. Since I haven't got my Model S yet I haven't searched for others in town. I know we have, at least, 6 Model S owners in town.

I hope that is helpful to you. Have a safe trip.
    2015 Tesla Model S - Would prefer a Tesla Model III, but I am unwilling to wait until 2017 or even 2018 to own a Tesla.
    Current plan is for S85, Black, Cold weather, and reluctantly the Tech Package (autopilot swayed me)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendal View Post
    There is a high speed charging point located next to the Whole Foods on Cerrillos Rd. It is within walking distance of downtown Santa Fe and there are lots of hotels in the area. I don't know what its policies are to use it. I know it is open to the public but no other details. It was placed there by our local solar provider Positive Energy. Since I haven't got my Model S yet I haven't searched for others in town. I know we have, at least, 6 Model S owners in town.

I hope that is helpful to you. Have a safe trip.
    If we are talking about the same station, I'm 90% sure that it was taken down when Positive Energy moved. However there is one near by at the SF train station. It is owned by the restaurant next door (under the solar panel) and is near lots of hotels in the plaza. The Plugshare app is your friend. There are quite a few level 2 station in Santa Fe.

J

Quote Originally Posted by ModelS4Taos View Post
    If we are talking about the same station, I'm 90% sure that it was taken down when Positive Energy moved. However there is one near by at the SF train station. It is owned by the restaurant next door (under the solar panel) and is near lots of hotels in the plaza. The Plugshare app is your friend. There are quite a few level 2 station in Santa Fe.

J
    Oops. Thanks for the heads up. I'd hate to give out bad info. I'll check it out and confirm what I find.

TaosTho thinks he's the only Model S owner in the area. If you have one, then that makes two for Taos. The more the merrier.
    2015 Tesla Model S - Would prefer a Tesla Model III, but I am unwilling to wait until 2017 or even 2018 to own a Tesla.
    Current plan is for S85, Black, Cold weather, and reluctantly the Tech Package (autopilot swayed me)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendal View Post
    Oops. Thanks for the heads up. I'd hate to give out bad info. I'll check it out and confirm what I find.

TaosTho thinks he's the only Model S owner in the area. If you have one, then that makes two for Taos. The more the merrier.
    I don't actually own a Tesla. I have ridden in TaoTho's Tesla, as well as a brown one in Santa Fe and yesterday in a white P85 during the Santa Fe test drive event. I was supposed to test drive (they scanned my license) but my friend was having so much fun on hwy 285 that I didn't have the heart to tell him to let me have a turn and we ran out of time. We sure got to Tesuque and back in record time though. =)

I thought it was interesting that the Denver Tesla crew drove the three Model S's down (the long way) via Grand Junction and Farmington (skipped Utah). They said that it would have taken them more time to drive directly on the I-25 because of charging time. Equally interesting is that they charged in Santa Fe by leaving the cars at different charging stations around the city over night so they would have enough charge for the test drives each day. What a dynamic company! Tesla is quick on their feet and resourceful using what is available. Any other company would be be fearful of leaving their cars. I love how Tesla trusts they teams to figure it out and make it happen.

Oh, and I almost forgot. The test drive car was already reading the speed limit signs with the camera in front of the rear view mirror! It would read the sign and then display the speed limit on the driver display. I only heard about this during the D event and they are already implementing some of the Autopilot features! Wow! Apparently all new cars have the sonic sensors, radar sensors, and the camera. All the car needs is software for full autopilot!

Did anyone go to this Tesla event in Santa Fe this weekend and maybe ask the Tesla people what is the status of the SuperCharger that's supposed to be "Coming Soon" in the local area? I am real keen on a Santa Fe / Lamy supercharger....

Thread Information