Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will snow tires or at least a recomendation be made by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will snow tires or at least a recomendation be made by Tesla?

I am thinking that I will need to buy snow tires, it would be great if when I get the call in 6 months I can just tell them to tack a set of snow tires on and have them delivered with the car and then I will have both sets (all weather and snow) to switch out at my leisure and not worry about having to research and buy after market.

Any thoughts from people that have already spoken to the customer experience reps or those who will also need snow tires?

I've asked Tesla about this since I'm getting the 21" rims and will definitely need an extra set of rims/tires (preferrably winter, not all-season tires).
The answer (up until last week when I last asked) has been, they do plan to offer extra sets (not sure if just rims or rims/tires combos) but no word on timing or pricing yet. Likely to be announced 6/22 when customer deliveries start.

I also recommend Nokian, i use the studded Hakkapeliitta 7 myself.
tire-evaluation-2011-ang-car.jpg

Does TireRack even sell the Hakkapeliitta's? I drove for many years in the midwest (Indiana/Illinois) on all season tires and so do my parents. Are winter tires worth it in Indiana with occasional snow? My parent's are getting a model S but aren't keep on changing rims/tires twice a year.

Does TireRack even sell the Hakkapeliitta's? I drove for many years in the midwest (Indiana/Illinois) on all season tires and so do my parents. Are winter tires worth it in Indiana with occasional snow? My parent's are getting a model S but aren't keep on changing rims/tires twice a year.

There are more online places than TireRack. I get Nokian tires from TiresByWeb. Ryan has been pretty good to Prius owners (I've been purchasing from him on-and-off for over ten years.)