Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too much chrome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to admit, I'm not a fan of how much chrome is on Model S. Here's a pix from Design Studio:

ModelS.png

I particularly don't like the big chrome window surround, especially since the pillar between the front and doors is already "black chrome."

A little bit of Photoshop and I get:

BlackedOutSig.jpg

Which I think is much better. It even makes the dark grey performance wheels work.

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of how much chrome is on Model S. Here's a pix from Design Studio:

I particularly don't like the big chrome window surround, especially since the pillar between the front and doors is already "black chrome."

A little bit of Photoshop and I get:

Which I think is much better. It even makes the dark grey performance wheels work.

+1 smorgasbord. I too dislike the exterior excess chrome (and the interior excess chrome for that matter).
I do like the homogenous matte black around the windows, strip at the bottom. Makes the car look quite mean!
The Red Perf with dark wheels is the configuration I'm leaning towards, but I guess the dechroming will have to be an aftermarket job.

I'm getting the Sig Red performance and ended up getting the silver wheels. I didn't even think about the aftermarket options for the chrome. I agree, your photoshop job looks much better. Maybe they could make that trip CF as well or maybe a matte black. The carbon wheels would look much better.

Last edited:
I think dsm363 has the right idea. Because of the chrome we are getting Silver wheels on our Blue Performance. Without the chrome we would have gotten the grey wheels.

Smorg, redo your design studio w/ silver wheels and the chrome blends in a lot better.

Any chrome is too much, in my opinion. It's a relic from the 1950s. I see cars all the time with chrome around the windows and they look so tacky--particularly black cars. About the best you can do is get silver so that it doesn't show as much.