Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Georgia Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news. My Roadster is ready for service now, in fact it is complaining everytime I start the car up, that it is time for service. Actually, I guess I am just waiting for when the Ranger is ready to make his sweep thru Atlanta.

Looking at a MapQuest route from Southwest Florida to Chicago, there is a lack of charging points as shown on the Charge Point Network between Tampa and Atlanta, a distance of about 460 mi. If on wanted to take this route, what's the solution ?

Probably these:

Georgia Campgrounds and RV Parks | The I-75 Exit Guide
Florida Campgrounds and RV Parks | The I-75 Exit Guide

I imagine that Lake City, FL will probably get a super charger (sort of on I-10 and I-75). As well as somewhere outside of Macon, GA (possibly on I-475).

If you zoom way in on the Atlanta Service Center on Tesla's map. They are putting it on the Georgia Capitol Building. It would be pretty sweet to have my car serviced under the gold dome.

2228985680_3526d15602_z.jpg

And yes it is real gold leaf on the dome.

Really I hope this stays true! As it will be within a couple miles of my house.
I got an email today from the new Tesla GA/SC service manager. He apparently will be working out of Austell, GA starting in July.

I just had a friend tell me the address of the Atlanta Service Center, and also told me they are just waiting on a Cert of Occupancy.

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]1395 S Marietta Pkwy SE,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Marietta[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif],[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]GA [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]30067

I hope to go drive by there by Tuesday to see for myself.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I drove up to the Tesla Service center, because I needed somewhere to drive, this evening to see what it looks like. Took some photos.

It is located at 1395 S Marietta Pkwy SE; Marietta,GA 30067; Building 100 Suite 121. Model S navigation took me to the office building complex correctly.

Inside
WP_20130124_009.jpg

Parking placard.
WP_20130124_008.jpg

Front. I assume still awaiting signage.
WP_20130124_011.jpg

I also went around back to see what that looked like. I found this.
WP_20130124_012.jpg

There was only a single door. You can see my S off to the left.
WP_20130124_013.jpg

The place is pretty small. I don't think they could fit more than 3 or 4 Model Ss inside. Thin but sort of deep. The trailer is a good sign that Tesla might be able to start delivering cars themselves, or they just plan on towing things back to the shop after they break.

And lastly there was a stunning sunset as I was driving home.
WP_20130124_017.jpg
WP_20130124_018.jpg