Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Model S vehicles will be delivered during June 22nd event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said in the "tens" of cars in June. If nothing else is being delivered before the 22nd, I wouldn't be surprised to see 25-50 cars delivered, plus another 10-20 over the following week. They're going big, a real event, I think media will be there (I thought I heard that somewhere...). I think they'll try to make a big impression and a handful of cars won't do that.

In the last investor Q and A Elon said that it would be on the order of tens of cars. I suppose that they could be all founders' cars but I doubt it. My understanding is that there are a total of 7 founders cars although I'm not totally sure where that number came from but it makes sense.

22 cars on the 22nd has a nice ring to it.

The bigger question in my mind is when the next delivers will happen after the 22nd?

^^^ someone beat me to it! I guess thats iPad typing.

In the last investor Q and A Elon said that it would be on the order of tens of cars. I suppose that they could be all founders' cars but I doubt it. My understanding is that there are a total of 7 founders cars although I'm not totally sure where that number came from but it makes sense.

22 cars on the 22nd has a nice ring to it.

The bigger question in my mind is when the next delivers will happen after the 22nd?

^^^ someone beat me to it! I guess thats iPad typing.

There are more than 30 founder cars since we know GeorgeB has 34

Don't forget, Tesla is going to be giving some 5,000 test drives.
I imagine/expext those test drives will be given in production cars, not beta prototypes.
That's going to take about a dozen cars.
If the factory is building two units a day, that would work out about right.

-- Ardie

Looks like Steve and Elon are the first of many, but how many?

My wife and I attended the Tesla Motors, Inc. 2012 Annual Meeting of Shareholders today.

Either during Elon's powerpoint presentation, or the lengthy shareholder Q&A which followed, he said: "There will be 10 cars delivered on June 22nd". Paraphrasing he then said they would all be to non-insider customers.

I did a short video interview of George Blankenship outside after the meeting (he had to take a call from Detroit -- he always says that -- LOL! then get back to Deer Creek Road). Anyway, I asked George if I could get a pass to cover the June 22nd event for our forum. George said "sorry, it is a company-only event" (no press). My guess is they will be doing test drives for the automotive press sometime during the weekend of June 23-24 at the factory? If so, look for "awesome" reviews in all the popular car mags and other media outlets. Hopefully, that will drive reservations through the roof.

More about the annual meeting in another thread...

-russ

PS. When George saw me, he gave me a big smile and hearty handshake and said: "Tesla Motors Club!" :biggrin: I whipped-out my Sony Bloggie and began shooting stockholder questions, then asked a few myself.

Regarding founders and test drives...
Tesla has an opportunity to be very clever here, for a huge PR win. They should offer Founders owners (i.e. employees) some incentive to provide their vehicles for some of the test drives. There's some insurance and other hurdles to overcome, but there's a huge opportunity for great PR. "I had my test drive in George's car and I learned ___ from him during the drive," for example, would be a great part of the Tesla story.

I was wondering too if those early Sig's (which #1 I believe is one of) that paid for a non-standard paint color would not get their's in the official event (but maybe at the same time or within a couple days), just to not confuse people/press about the standard Sig colors.

...They should offer Founders owners (i.e. employees) some incentive to provide their vehicles for some of the test drives...
It might be a mistake to assume that all Founders' car are to be owned by 'employees'. I think it would be safe to say that they are all major investors in the company.
I don't think all of them actually work there.

Didn't Elon say during the shareholder's meeting that the deliveries on June 22 would be to non-insiders? I would assume this means regular customers?

A beer says they're all Founders cars - which like TEG says above, are not necessarily employees but could be major contributors in some facet.

If the # of Founders is 34, and only 2 have been delivered so far, lot of cars to be made before an "actual" customer gets one. Especially if Elon is using the Founders series for initial feedback on which changes may be made.