Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So which Florida Signature Reservation holders plan on visiting Fremont this month?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
To recap, in his Tuesday blog update George Blankenship revealed the schedule for rides.

Here's an excerpt:

I am very pleased to announce that we are kicking off North American test drives the day after our first customer deliveries! In typical Tesla style, we are going big right out of the gate with 2,000 test drives in the first two weekends.
On June 23rd and 24th, we will launch the Get Amped Model S Tour at our own Tesla Factory in Fremont, California. Franz von Holzhausen, our chief designer, has created a great seven to eight minute test drive course that extends beyond the factory to nearby streets. The course offers a variety of experiences that include freeway driving, long sweepers, tight turns, smooth and rough roads, and general urban driving. It’s the perfect way to experience how Model S grips the road and loves to run.The Fremont event is just the beginning. Our second tour stop will be held the very next weekend in the Los Angeles area.

Get Amped Model S Tour Details:
  • All Model S Reservation Holders in North America are eligible.
  • Reservation Holders can sign up for any tour location they choose.
  • We will be sending out our first Sign Up emails for June 23rd and 24th to Reservation Holders early next week. Thereafter, we will send Sign Up emails approximately two to three weeks prior to each tour stop.
  • Sign Up emails will only be sent to current Reservation Holders and will be sent out in order of Reservation Sequence number until all time slots at each tour stop are filled.
Here's the complete schedule:

Fremont, CA June 23 – 24

Denver, CO July 20 – 21

Los Angeles, CA June 29 – July 1

New York, NY July 20 – 22

Seattle, WA July 6 – 8

Portland, OR July 20 – 22

Washington D.C. July 13 – 15

Chicago, IL July 26 – 28

Scottsdale, AZ July 13 – 15

Miami, FL July 27 – 29

Palo Alto, CA July 14 – 15

Toronto, Ontario August 3 – 5

The way I figure it is that since Tesla is planning on providing 1000 test rides on June 23rd and 24th at Fremont, that means they are going to permit all Signature reservations holders the option of traveling to Fremont to get an early ride.

For those Floridians that want to minimize travel, July 27th, 28th and 29th is available for test rides in Miami Beach (assuming of course the new store is open by then.)

So, who from Florida is going to Fremont for an early test ride? :biggrin:

Larry

Last edited:
I travel to the West Coast frequently, but the test drive dates out there don't work for me. Easy enough to wait for the test drives at the Miami store, and that's what I'll do. I'm hoping that because there aren't too many reservation holders, we might get a little more time with the car during the Miami test drives.

No way I'm going for the test drive in Fremont. I can wait until they come here if I have to, though if my work travel takes me near a test drive earlier I'll happily go.

By the way, I assume test drives will be in Dania, even if the Miami Beach store is somehow open by then. They consider South(east) Florida to be "Miami" generically. Lincoln Road is way too crowded an area to have meaningful test drives. Dania is perfect with empty roads all around.