Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour....sucks to be in Dallas (now Atlanta)!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All.....I'm fairly new to this forum, and a relatively new reservation holder (P8901), but still, I was hoping that the test drive tour would come through DFW, seeing as there's a good number of reservation holders here.

Ho hum. Guess we wait to see what happens after the first 45 days...? I'd happily fly to the factory if there was a guarantee of a test drive (and ideally a factory tour :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in San Antonio and will be reserving in November so my number will easily be above 10k. I wouldn't be to worried I think since our numbers are both high, later on when they have more product to use I'm sure they will have an event in Dallas.

I just hope I am reserved by then :)

Not sure, but I am going to be so jealous for the next 12 months watching you guys test drive and get your Model S's. I am hoping more San Antonio people jump to get a Model S, lord knows I have been advocating. Of course, all of my friends/family think I am crazy spending so much cash on a vehicle. :)

Voting with my dollar is what I tell them. Anyway, yeah that law may have something to do with it. Definitely something I hope we get an answer to, I wouldn't like to buy this vehicle without testing it out first.

Get Amped - please include Dallas!

Same here. I'm hoping that they at least come to Dallas or Houston (3-4 hours from Shreveport). My family also think that I'm crazy, but it's more than a car, its a statement about energy independence and our ecosystem. Being cool as well as beautiful doesn't hurt, either! :biggrin:

Not sure, but I am going to be so jealous for the next 12 months watching you guys test drive and get your Model S's. I am hoping more San Antonio people jump to get a Model S, lord knows I have been advocating. Of course, all of my friends/family think I am crazy spending so much cash on a vehicle. :)

Voting with my dollar is what I tell them. Anyway, yeah that law may have something to do with it. Definitely something I hope we get an answer to, I wouldn't like to buy this vehicle without testing it out first.

Nissan put on a test drive of the Leaf, so I don't see that it being dealer monopoly problem. My guess is that there are not enough reservation holders in Texas for them to care about.

Could it possibly have to do with the strange 'Dealership Laws" in Texas that might not allow them to give test drives without having a dealership and location?

Nissan put on a test drive of the Leaf, so I don't see that it being dealer monopoly problem. My guess is that there are not enough reservation holders in Texas for them to care about.

Though I'm not sure if the fact that Nissan does have dealers in that state makes a diff

The North American continent has 49 federal U.S. states and ten provinces and three territories in Canada. It is obvious that a tour with 11 locations cannot come to all of them but I hear Texans only calling it out - TM forum, TMC, blog comment section, everywhere :biggrin:

Looks like Dallas is at least being thought of next year with a store of its own...
From the 2012 annual share holder's meeting:
Screen shot 2012-06-09 at 2.33.48 PM.png