Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Drive Info Is Up

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo25 View Post
    DAMN! I literally just an hour ago booked a vacation trip to NY from 7/6-16. So, I'll miss the Scottsdale, AZ session on 7/13-15 (where I live) AND the one in NY (7/20-22). Ugh. I wish they had announced this one day earlier.
    You may still have a shot at cancelling the flight tickets courtesy the new DoT regulations that went into effect in January this year:

Press Release | U.S. Department of Transportation

passengers will be able to hold a reservation without payment, or cancel a booking without penalty, for 24 hours after the reservation is made, if they make the reservation one week or more prior to a flight’s departure date. In addition, airlines will be required to promptly notify passengers of flight delays of over 30 minutes, as well as flight cancellations and diversions, and they will generally be prohibited from increasing the price of passengers’ ticket after it is bought.
    Policies by airline:
    Airlines' courtesy fare-hold and 24-hour cancel/change policies - Airfarewatchdog
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    YES!!!!! I am actually going to be in ft. Lauderdale FL for work at the same time as the Miami event!!!!! This just made my day!!!! I may actually get to test drive!
    I hope you get your drive but don't forget there's 8,660 people in front of you and a bunch of them are in FL.

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    I wonder what they mean by Bay Area, CA. Perhaps the Menlo Park store or maybe even the Palo Alto HQ. There is no city or postal region around here named Bay Area, CA just like there's no Silicon Valley, CA. (There is, however, a Stanford, CA. )
    Yeah, it has to be Menlo, SR or PA HQ. Terrible traffic around both Menlo and SR stores. PA HQ and 280 would be more fun.

The earlier factory version would be preferred, I'd think, as GeorgeB mentioned that there's a Franz-designed test drive course that takes in some parts of the factory's closed course before getting on city streets and freeways.

On June 23rd and 24th, we will launch the Get Amped Model S Tour at our own Tesla Factory in Fremont, California. Franz von Holzhausen, our chief designer, has created a great seven to eight minute test drive course that extends beyond the factory to nearby streets. The course offers a variety of experiences that include freeway driving, long sweepers, tight turns, smooth and rough roads, and general urban driving. It’s the perfect way to experience how Model S grips the road and loves to run.
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

Have people gotten emails about this already? I'm a reservation holder and haven't received test drive info yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    ... if anyone has a guest spot available June 23-24 for the Fremont event, I'd really like to go.

I'll keep you in mind, Bonnie! But, I doubt anyone other than the reservation holder will be invited and/or allowed to drive. You should have left those $5K alone in a Model S reservation when you fell in love with the X in February

Quote Originally Posted by fairlycool View Post
    Have people gotten emails about this already? I'm a reservation holder and haven't received test drive info yet.
    Early next week as per GeorgeB in his blog post.

We will be sending out our first Sign Up emails for June 23rd and 24th to Reservation Holders early next week. Thereafter, we will send Sign Up emails approximately two to three weeks prior to each tour stop.

Driving a Volt for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    I hope you get your drive but don't forget there's 8,660 people in front of you and a bunch of them are in FL.
    The key word in my excitement is "may"

there is at least hope

Any word on whether guests can just watch the test drive event or can ride along?

Model S5,651, Model X109
    I'm pretty excited as I had already planned on being there that weekend to go sit in a Model S for the first time! Looks like I may get a test ride out of the deal!

smoothoperator
    Personally I would rather not test drive at this point, I am already in the non-refundable realm of the Tesla order process. I will wait till my car is delivered to drive the S.

Thread Information