Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S at "Saks 5th Avenue" in Sarasota June 2nd-3rd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you didn't get enough of the Model S when it came to Sarasota Yacht Club, (or you missed it!) here's a chance to see it again this weekend:

saks.jpg

P.S. That's Tesla's 3rd visit to Sarasota in 9 months! 'Bout time a store was opened somewhere near here!! :wink:

Tesla surprised us by bringing the silver VIN#29. (They still have the white VIN#14 in Dania Beach). Ran into Larry with his camera and DaveM so expect to see more pics on the forum:

IMG_0473.jpg

It was very busy for the 30 minutes or so I was there, and saw Tesla staff taking reservations.

P.S. C'mon GeorgeB, there's a great new mall coming to Sarasota (Benderson Mall) which would be a perfect location for a store here. ;)

Yes, as Nigel mentioned we were surprised that to find a newer Silver beta.

It had a new steering wheel, flat on the bottom with new controls.

Tesla at Sak's Sarasota 005.JPG

It also had a new brown version of the lacewood which you can glimpse behind the wheel. The version in the white beta was very dark, almost black.

The screen was crisp and bright and much more responsive than the white beta.

Tesla at Sak's Sarasota 004.JPG

The screen was bright enough that my camera couldn't provide the correct exposure to see the dashboard adjacent to it.

The car also had the Paint Armor installed. The light colored silver made it fairly easy to see the edges in person, but it was still difficult to photograph. Here's a shot of the hood from inside the car. If you zoom the photo you will clearly see the edge. I didn't find it unduly objectionable, but since I was debating between Silver and Blue, it helped me make up my mind.

Tesla at Sak's Sarasota 006.JPG

Larry

Hmm, that steering wheel looks the same as the one I saw @ The Westchester, but that lacewood indeed looks browner. Any more pictures of that? Perhaps a comparison shot of the one in the white beta vs the silver?

I understand the benefits of the armor, but that line would really bother me. If I go that way (not sure it's really necessary in SoFla), I'll do after-market and get the entire hood done so there are no lines.

I believe the car will be at Dania Beach for a while at least, so you could get to to see it yourself. IMO it was hardly noticeable, but I think Larry could see it more easily than me.

I understand the benefits of the armor, but that line would really bother me. If I go that way (not sure it's really necessary in SoFla), I'll do after-market and get the entire hood done so there are no lines.

I believe the car will be at Dania Beach for a while at least, so you could get to to see it yourself. IMO it was hardly noticeable, but I think Larry could see it more easily than me.

Yes, on the silver car I could see it fairly easily. I think it would be very difficult to see on a darker car and in direct sunlight. If you are planning on getting Signature Red it would be difficult to see.

Here's some photos that Nigel took.

Paint Armor

Nigel has a good point. Dania Beach is fairly close to you so you could see the worst case senario first hand on a light colored car.

Regards,

Larry

The armor isn't very noticeable to me on my Radient Red Roadster (except where wax builds up at the seam, I need to take a Q Tip to it :) and I am pretty particular . It was far more noticeable to me on the silver Model S in Sarasota. It seems to be color dependent. I am very grateful to have the protection on my Roadster with all the love bugs and dragon flies etc. here in Florida. Unfortunatley, I have seen first hand what happens to paint when those bugs aren't cleaned off right away and you don't have it :(.