Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REAL interior shots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
OK, since this was bugging me, I figured I'd start this thread to help anyone else who may be having trouble choosing. Here are pics I gathered from various threads of the interior trim currently available. If you find any not posted here, please share! (though please try to keep it to REAL pictures).

*edit* thanks to all who helped build this list!

Last edited:
Carbon Fiber

cf-cluster.jpg

cf-dash-close.jpg

cf-dash-close2.jpg

cf-rear.jpg

cf-screen.jpg

The banana leaf looks great with the white leather. I wonder how it would look with all black. I'm favoring an all-black car. I know, a bit boring and the piano black does (as Grendal says) "screams" finger prints...

PS: Thanks for posting this, AnOutsider.

Well apparently banana leaf is being nixed and replaced. I liked the piano lack, but in the end the wife said it was far too plain so we went with the new lacewood. She did make a point that we'd already be wiping the screen down. I don't wanna have to do the same with the dash.

@AndyM surely I can get 2 days outta it! ;)

Hope these help those when your emails come in

Well apparently banana leaf is being nixed and replaced. I liked the piano lack, but in the end the wife said it was far too plain so we went with the new lacewood. She did make a point that we'd already be wiping the screen down. I don't wanna have to do the same with the dash.

@AndyM surely I can get 2 days outta it! ;)

Hope these help those when your emails come in

They will. I would also count the previous 'user manual' posts as another heroic effort.

I'm going with the new lacewood... Having seen it in person, it looks nearly as elegant as piano black, but will take less constant wiping.

The Piano Black definitely! Lacewood - too weird. Furniture maybe, but not my car.

Hi,

I'll probably go with Piano Black as well, and I agree that the black and brown stained lacewood looks weird.

However, I keep hoping that Tesla will simply put a clear coat over its natural color. That would look great with a tan interior.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5079&d=1331956984&thumb=1.jpg

Larry

I would pay for carbon fiber in a standard Model S...why not?
Brushed aluminium would also be nice.

Until now only the piano black is the acceptable choice for me in a Standard Model S

Hi Thomas,

Just as the exclusive colors and badging are reserved to distinguish Signature models, I believe that Tesla plans to use the carbon fibre accents, along with dark wheels, piping, bolsters and spoilers, to distinguish the Performance models.

Larry

They will. I would also count the previous 'user manual' posts as another heroic effort.

I'm going with the new lacewood... Having seen it in person, it looks nearly as elegant as piano black, but will take less constant wiping.

So done commented in another thread that it was soft. I'm really torn between the two. My wife chose this weird wood m the Q5 though and I ends up loving it, so i guess I'll defer :(

I used to +1 brushed aluminum, but I honestly think it would be too much on that expanse of dash. Can't get behind the natural lacewood though, sorry Larry ;)

I would pay for carbon fiber in a standard Model S...why not?
Brushed aluminium would also be nice.

Until now only the piano black is the acceptable choice for me in a Standard Model S

I am with you on this. I generally do not like wood in vehicles.

I would probably pay a little to get carbon fiber (although not expecting the option) and would really want brushed Aluminum. I happen to think the piano black will look great, except during pollen season when it will be speckled yellow.

Hi Larry
Thanks for the answer, but just as offering the 85kWh for a standard Model S, why block customer choices.
And IMHO a techie-product as the TESLA Model S is...wood just doesn't fit for me...leaving only piano black.

Thomas

Ditto for me. Wood in a car makes it look so out of date (being charitable here). So it's piano black for me too, though I'd much rather have something non-glossy. I suppose taking sandpaper to it is out of the question:eek: