Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: REAL interior shots

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyvind.H View Post
    Ok, so it will hopefully look similar to the Signature dash? I really like the look of the dash, and would hate if I had to settle with something plastic-looking stuff. Getting the leather pack anyway, but hope dash and doors look leather-covered as well as the seats.
    Are we sure the Signature dash is covered in leather? I have doubts -- it's not a good material for the kind of constant exposure to the sun that a dash top receives and thus would not hold up well.

Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    Are we sure the Signature dash is covered in leather? I have doubts -- it's not a good material for the kind of constant exposure to the sun that a dash top receives and thus would not hold up well.
    Well, no. I just assumed it was leather. Thought I read it somewhere, but as you point out, other fabrics are better. The most important for me is still that the dash and doors look leather-coated. It gives the interior a luxury feeling

R#129, TSLA shareholder
    The biggest difference I've noticed is that the entire headliner in the Performance cars is Alcantara.
    R129 - 85kWh White/Tan

I have been told by multiple store employees that all headliners will be alcanatra (including my P60) - is this not the case?

P85 & 40kw
    Production headliner was supposedly microfiber.. I think it was neroden who was commenting on the different headliner materials.

RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4
    Quote Originally Posted by shokunin View Post
    Production headliner was supposedly microfiber.. I think it was neroden who was commenting on the different headliner materials.
    as far as I know. alcantara is a brand and their product is the worlds best known automotive finishings microfiber..........but just the same a microfiber. and the name has become synonymous with the product kind of like a xerox copy...........

R#129, TSLA shareholder
    I have definitely seen two different headliner materials in the demo cars, and I have on one of my videos from the Palo Alto event a brief snippet of a Tesla person demonstrating the difference to another customer.

However, perhaps things have changed, and they are all Alcantara now. I'd be delighted if so -- the headliner in my friend's Sig Performance was very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

(The other material was more of a woven textile, by the way.)
    R129 - 85kWh White/Tan

Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    However, perhaps things have changed, and they are all Alcantara now. I'd be delighted if so -- the headliner in my friend's Sig Performance was very nice.
    I really like it, and I don't mind sharing with non-Sigs on this one.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Does anyone know whether cleaning the Alcantara will be a problem, particularly with the tan interior? Sorry, showing some ignorance here, but it seems like it would stain easily relative to leather. I may have that totally backwards since it's a microfiber.?.?

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bosgig View Post
    Does anyone know whether cleaning the Alcantara will be a problem, particularly with the tan interior? Sorry, showing some ignorance here, but it seems like it would stain easily relative to leather. I may have that totally backwards since it's a microfiber.?.?
    The Alcantara upholstery in my 2004 Prius have no stains after 140,000+ miles and I haven't been particularly careful. It's the leather that will have the problem (and unfortunately, you're forced into leather to get heated seating--someone screwed up big-time there).
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Thread Information