Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVSE installer in Davie, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sparrow

S105/ Roadster 189
Dec 14, 2010
Marietta, GA
I live up in Marietta, Georgia and in anticipation of getting my Model S later this Summer, I am giving my daughter and son inlaw my Nissan Leaf. I'd like to get a J1772 EVSE installed at their home in Davie Florida and was wondering if anyone here knew of a good electrician in or around Davie that I could work with me from a far.

EVSE Installation

I am with LilyPad EV and we are a national Electric Vehicle Supply Provider that provides the charging station plus installation for a turnkey quote. If you are interested in a charging station plus installation please call 855-383-3895.

Thanks,
Keith

I live up in Marietta, Georgia and in anticipation of getting my Model S later this Summer, I am giving my daughter and son inlaw my Nissan Leaf. I'd like to get a J1772 EVSE installed at their home in Davie Florida and was wondering if anyone here knew of a good electrician in or around Davie that I could work with me from a far.

A previous thread I left you our toll free number it is down for 3 days. Please call 913-747-6956.
Thanks,
Keith

The local utility company (FPL) has a pilot program in which they provide a free charging station for a limited number of customers.
You may want to contact a company called SPX. They work with FPL and may be able to install a charging station free of charge.

Congratulation to the new Nissan Leaf owners, there aren't too many of us here.

You can PM me if you need any help.

My daughter rents so I was told the FPL program does not apply.

Despite getting 2 different quotes from SPX with 2 different installers their lowest quote turned out to be almost $1700 including the EVSE and that was with their $200 internet discount. The installation prices were $800 and $1000 for the 2 quotes despite the fact that the 240 volt outlet was to be installed less than 2 feet from the breaker panel. Anyways, this week after I delivered the car, we went to Home Depot and installing the outlet ourselves. I also used my spare Clipper Creek EVSE.

The Leaf is now fully operational in Florida.

As a bonus, I got to visit the Dania Beach store and see the Beta S in the showroom. This was the first time I had seen a S in person and it may have convinced me to come down for the test drives at the end of July.