Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the difference between the signature performance and GP performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I made my signature reservation I believed that there would be significant differences between the sig and gp cars. It seems as if for the performance version the only difference is the different color choices and delivery time. Is that correct? I am seriously considering dropping to the gp performance as the time factor does not justify the price differential to me. Am I missing something? An added benefit of waiting is the potential for clarity on a center console and possible 19" wheel credit.

Thanks for your help.

There are some interior leather differences as well but basically, you're right about the difference. If you're thinking about getting the 19" wheels anyway and don't mind going back a few thousand spots at this point, that might make sense for you.

The signature performance is $13k more. This includes metallic/premium paint, tech package, sound system, twin chargers, and the parcel shelf ($6,900 to $7,650). A possible downgrade to 19" wheels is a "no cost option", too.

There are a few differences as noted above (signature badging, better leather, unique color option) but nothing earth-shattering. Getting your car early is really what you are paying for. There are plenty of people for which this is well worth it, but it is perfectly reasonable if you aren't one of them.

I asked Tesla directly what the difference was between Sig Perf and GP Perf and I was told that there were only three differences. 1. Sig Red option, 2. Sig badging, and 3. early delivery. For Perf, there are absolutely no other differences.

Since I'm going with Pearl White, I would be paying $5,000+ for badging and early delivery and I'm seriously considering downgrading.

I asked Tesla directly what the difference was between Sig Perf and GP Perf and I was told that there were only three differences. 1. Sig Red option, 2. Sig badging, and 3. early delivery. For Perf, there are absolutely no other differences.

Since I'm going with Pearl White, I would be paying $5,000+ for badging and early delivery and I'm seriously considering downgrading.

Is that and old question ? I am sure that info has been updated to reflect the above statements.

Is that and old question ? I am sure that info has been updated to reflect the above statements.

I was told the same thing as Mycroft when asking about interior differences between GP Perf and Sig Perf: there are none (except for leather color choices). An excerpt from Tesla's response to my question:

The seats will be exactly the same aside for General Production having a gray option and Signature having a white option. Any Model S with Performance will not have perforation.

Do you spill on your seat often?

Nope

Or wet youself:eek:

If the acceleration is as pleasant as I'm expecting, there may be a bit of that.

Positive. Perforated may be a little bit more comfortable, but the holes collect dust and are very hard to clean.

That makes sense. We have perforated in our A6, but I *think* that's because we have the heated/cooled seats. With cabin preconditioning, it shouldn't be an issue anywho.

At this point, for what I want, sig is sort of a waste, but I couldn't imagine waiting a few more months (or longer since I'm not likely to get my original number back). I'm still hoping there will be a surprise or two for us in store.

I'm really hoping there is some 'surprise' to make the Signature tax a little less. I understand it helps create extra profit for them which is fine but just color difference, slightly more leather and earlier delivery should be less than the $5k or so.

We downgraded - wife wants the Metallic blue and so that made the Sig tax $7,500 (cheaper paint and only need one charger). But instead of our old R199 number they gave us R456 (which I assume is the back of the pack?). I thought about complaining but it's likely only a few weeks difference and in the grand scheme of things really won't matter.

We downgraded - wife wants the Metallic blue and so that made the Sig tax $7,500 (cheaper paint and only need one charger). But instead of our old R199 number they gave us R456 (which I assume is the back of the pack?). I thought about complaining but it's likely only a few weeks difference and in the grand scheme of things really won't matter.

Metallic Blue is a winner! If you are going with Perf, wonder how CF will look with the Blue?! Should be good!

Metallic Blue is a winner! If you are going with Perf, wonder how CF will look with the Blue?! Should be good!
It looks good on our Roadster! :) Right now she's thinking: Blue Perf, Black w/ CF interior, pano roof, standard 21" wheels (the perf wheels and the blue were fine but the chrome handles and bits really jumped out - blends better w/ the lighter wheels), spoiler.