Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Nissan van coming in 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Electric Nissan van coming in 2014

6679181.jpg

I'm bumping this thread up--as 2014 is here now and this is an EV that I can really use. Basically the size of the Ford Transit this EV minivan could save huge amounts of Co2 by being adopted for fleet use. I already have a Model S, but would love to replace wife's gas guzzling Honda Fit and with grand kids and trips top the local beaches, this NV200 would be absolutely perfect! I'm hoping the price is not too much more than a Leaf and a tad more range would be nice even at a premium price. Only Tesla and Nissan are really working towards a world with EV's, so I am glad to buy a Nissan in order to support the cause.

Nissan-electric-van.jpg

LOL... I guess your definition of "gas guzzling" is anything that uses gasoline!
In particular, the Honda Fit gets a lousy 27 mpg average. For its small size, it should be much better. Our Civic that we had did much better and was a larger car. Also, our Fit which is a 2010, just looks shabby. Only 3 years old and 30k miles. The quality of the materials are low, even the plastic parts scratch very easily and the paint is shot. I feel like Honda went all out to cut costs on the fit.

The Civic we had was a 2008. I sold it to a friend and with our 100k miles on it, it still looks like new (I just had a ride in our ex Civic a few minutes ago).

In case you did not know the Ford Transit Connect come in an electric version (now that's a true connect!). There's a bakery in Santa Barbra using one.

yes, I was aware. Ford did not make this Connect as an EV. It was a conversion by AZD. They are no longer in business. I think Nissan's NV200 will be a better vehicle and much less expensive.

yes, I was aware. Ford did not make this Connect as an EV. It was a conversion by AZD. They are no longer in business. I think Nissan's NV200 will be a better vehicle and much less expensive.

Take a glider from the vehicle assembly experts, ship it to engineering experts to assemble their drivetrain and finish the vehicle. What was wrong with this picture? The NV certainly shouldn't be more expensive.

Take a glider from the vehicle assembly experts, ship it to engineering experts to assemble their drivetrain and finish the vehicle. What was wrong with this picture? The NV certainly shouldn't be more expensive.

You are correct, it "shouldn't be more expensive" but it was. The Connect EV was $65,000. The Nissan NV200 prices are not out yet but I would guess $2,000 to $4,000 more than the Leaf.

Double Greenfleet Win For All-electric Nissan e-NV200

Nissan happily announced two wins in the Greenfleet Awards 2014 in Warwickshire for the e-NV200 electric van.
The first one was the Industry Innovation of the Year.
The second one – the Outstanding Achievement award – was for the partnership between Nissan, British Gas and Hitachi Capital Commercial Vehicle Solutions in a successful tri-party pilot of the e-NV200 on the British Gas fleet.