Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Louisiana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised that there isn't any mention of Louisiana being included in any of the local groups (or Arkansas or Mississippi, for that matter). Rest assured that we do exist - I'm waiting for my Model S (P5058 - 60KWh), and would love to come to Dallas or Houston for a meet-up when I get it. Heck, if there's others in LA that are interested, I'd love to meet here too!

You sure you're not from Hawaii?

mclovin-driver-license.jpe

So Louisiana delivery

I'm surprised that there isn't any mention of Louisiana being included in any of the local groups (or Arkansas or Mississippi, for that matter). Rest assured that we do exist - I'm waiting for my Model S (P5058 - 60KWh), and would love to come to Dallas or Houston for a meet-up when I get it. Heck, if there's others in LA that are interested, I'd love to meet here too!

Have you received yours yet?
When I was in Houston on Jan 8th I visited the Houston showroom and they told me they thought there has already been a delivery in Lafayette. Out of range for both of us but in LA all the same.

I'm still waiting on my final e-mail but some with the same configuration with higher numbers have theirs so I should be in the next week or so. Unless they are trying to figure out what to do with us LA folks.

Let me know about your delivery experience and where is comes from. Houston? Dallas? Phoenix?

Thanks

Nope, not yet. I've gotten a delivery window of 1/31 - 2/13. Lafayette surprises me - I thought that there might have been one in Lake Charles, but not Lafayette. Kinda weird seeing numbers all around mine get theirs, but not a peep from Tesla. I called this morning & they said that it hadn't entered production yet. Don't know what the hold-up is, but I hope that they work it out soon.

Will keep you posted as I know more. You might be right about TM not knowing what to do with us! ;-)

Have you received yours yet?
When I was in Houston on Jan 8th I visited the Houston showroom and they told me they thought there has already been a delivery in Lafayette. Out of range for both of us but in LA all the same.

I'm still waiting on my final e-mail but some with the same configuration with higher numbers have theirs so I should be in the next week or so. Unless they are trying to figure out what to do with us LA folks.

Let me know about your delivery experience and where is comes from. Houston? Dallas? Phoenix?

Thanks

Nope, not yet. I've gotten a delivery window of 1/31 - 2/13. Lafayette surprises me - I thought that there might have been one in Lake Charles, but not Lafayette. Kinda weird seeing numbers all around mine get theirs, but not a peep from Tesla. I called this morning & they said that it hadn't entered production yet. Don't know what the hold-up is, but I hope that they work it out soon.

Will keep you posted as I know more. You might be right about TM not knowing what to do with us! ;-)

I finally got impatient and called. They gave me a delivery window of Feb 19th to March 5th. A couple of weeks after you. The world map shows one in Gonzales just before my reservation. Somewhere in the 9000's so he should be right after you but before me if he filled out his paperwork right away.

There may be some confusion about Lafayette. I had my Tesla Model S in Lafayette for part of December and January, but it was delivered to me in Florida, and is registered in Florida. It is not truly a "Louisiana" Tesla Model S...... well, at least not yet......but I'm considering it.

Thanks Arthur
That may be it. All of my comments about LA are just based on random conversations with Tesla people who are just throwing things out. Every time I mention that I have not seen much here on LA deliveries they tell me there have been a few. Maybe that is just a pat answer. Maybe there are a few that simply don't post on this forum. I haven't heard of any here in NOLA yet though I saw a custom car delivery truck last week. Thought it might be Tesla but they were not off loading so I don't know.

How did you handle charging between Lafayette and FL? Quite a trip even on an 80KW?

Thanks again for the input

My 60KW was delivered Saturday (feb 16th) to NOLA.
I actually saw a brown one driving by as they were offloading. I thought I was the first in New Orleans but maybe not.
Tesla guy in GA said there was another coming next week to NOLA. Apparently a lot of the LA cars are going through GA because TX locations are too busy!
Also told me there was a Sig in Monroe.

Hey you get your car yet? I'm thinking I'm the only confirmed Colvin with a Model S right now (hf on the Tesla Motors forum).

Joseph,

I've had my S (actually TWO Model S' - the first one delivered didn't have the Tech package that I'd ordered, and was replaced by TM - awesome folks!) since Feb. 6th. I live in Shreveport, with my wife, kid, and my blue 60 kW Model S. My replacement S didn't have the Obeche gloss, nor the Paint Armor of my order, so we're driving this weekend to the Dallas Service center to get that resolved. Good to hear from others in the state! There's a few others here - maybe we can form a Louisiana Tesla Club!

I'm still in NOLA. I've heard (friend of friend thing) that there is at least one, probably 2 others in town.

Hard to get a good count. Map shows one in Gonzales but I have not seen him check in since the map posting.

When I met the Tesla rep in Dallas they thought there would be a service center in BR. It would make sense since then they could handle both NOLA and Lafayette and still be in their "one hour range" promise. I'm still hoping we get enough in the New Orleans area to have our own service though.

Any NOLA people check in. I would love to hear from you. Kind of lonely right now ;-)

Welcome to the club. Atlanta feels the same way. We have at-least 50 Model S owners here but only Florida is cool enough to have their own section :/