Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Model S Pulled over on I-405 by Washington State Patrol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a Signature Model S pulled over on I-405 by Washington State Patrol. It was a few miles north of the Bellevue Tesla store. I wonder if it is a test drive. It made me wonder about the timing of test drives for reservation holders whose number is up.

Also, I wonder if you get a speed ticket while test driving, who pays for it? I am guessing the driver.

Hopefully, the cop wants to check out the car so he stopped it, check it out and then give a warning instead.

I wish I were able to take a photo too but it was pulled over on the outside shoulder and I was 2 lanes away. I405 was 4 lanes in that area with lots of traffic so I could not change lanes fast enough. Moreover, since I could not stop to take a pic on the shoulder, it will be really dangerous to change lanes, slow down, take out my iPhone, take a pic and zoom off :)

Nevertheless, I wish I have a pic :)

Hmm, there is only one Beta up in Bellevue right now...the white one sits in the store. What color was the one you saw? Perhaps it might have been a Jag XF? or Maserati? I'm skeptical that TM would have another beta out in the wild up here.

I was told at the Toronto event that Tesla has made some cars specifically for getting "real-world" data (some endurance testing is done on stationary equipment, but they also are doing actual driving). I envy the employees whose job is to drive them around all day! I would assume they are driving across the country for evaluating a wide range of conditions. But a pic would have been great ;) Then you can always check to see if it has a muffler.

...I envy the employees whose job is to drive them around all day!...
It might be fun for a while, but if your job calls for you to rack up a lot of miles in a short time, you might find yourself putting in long hours just looking for long stretches of empty road. At some point it could seem more like "just a job" than a glamor duty.

Also, getting a moving violation in a prototype could cause major hassles back of the office...

I was told at the Toronto event that Tesla has made some cars specifically for getting "real-world" data (some endurance testing is done on stationary equipment, but they also are doing actual driving). I envy the employees whose job is to drive them around all day! I would assume they are driving across the country for evaluating a wide range of conditions. But a pic would have been great ;) Then you can always check to see if it has a muffler.

I don't know I spent a little over 6 hours in my car yesterday and it was horrible. I couldn't imagine having to do that more than once a month or so.

On a side note yesterday was some driving that could not have been done, even in a 85kWh, Model S. Mostly because I was in the absolute middle of nowhere, in a town of less than 100 people. I doubt there will be rapid DC charging in these locations until EVs get about 80+% market share.

It might be fun for a while,...

A lot of "glamour" jobs get to be work eventually. Playboy photographer, The Stig, chocolate factory worker. Some love it forever, but some see the glory fade after work politics, low pay, repetition and realities set in.

Maybe we should set up a interesting job trading website! I'll do a one month swap of my butler job at the Whitehouse for your Hollywood private investigator gig.

A lot of "glamour" jobs get to be work eventually. Playboy photographer, The Stig, chocolate factory worker. Some love it forever, but some see the glory fade after work politics, low pay, repetition and realities set in.

Indeed. To put it in a slightly different (yet relevant) context, "For every beautiful woman, there's a man who's tired of umm... making love to her!"

Maybe we should set up a interesting job trading website! I'll do a one month swap of my butler job at the Whitehouse for your Hollywood private investigator gig.

A reality show is in order!