Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello From... Santa Cruz (Surf City), California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All :),

Would like to make a formal introduction after purchasing #268 and posting in this forum. I want to thank everyone here who has contributed to the treasure trove of Roadster information which clearly made me realize how well engineered these cars are as well as the amount of satisfaction roadster owners receive back from them.

The few goodies I already picked up (or on order and on their way here now) are:

-hcsharp's Roadster to J1772 Adapter
-Chris Taylor's Mesh Top
-Sector 111's Shower Cap
-Tesla Hardtop Protective Cover
-CoverCraft WeatherGuard Car Cover
-One two piece from Cabin Window Sun Shade
-2 DreamBaby Dream Window Cabin Shades

Would like to get / purchase (let me know if you have one for sale):

-Custom Ipod Mount that fits in the Accessory Sill for the 1.5 Roadsters (I believe Steve made a bunch of these some time back)
-Tesla 240V / 50 AMP (UMC) Universal Mobile Charger
-Carbon Fiber Door Sills (my drivers side stock door sill has a crack)
-Replace stock brake pads with EBC or Hawk Brake Pads
-Replace Halogen with the Xeonon 55watt bulbs/balasts or if I can find a deal the Tesla's Full Headlight replacement.

Any goodies I've missed?

Please let me know if there's any meetups around the bay area or if you're just driving through Santa Cruz area. We could pull together a quick coastline Roadster Cruz ! Also if you find yourself needing a charge or just lacking the 240 charge cable, PM me and I will be happy to help you out.

Happy Trails ( in ideal miles ;) )

-Custom Ipod Mount that fits in the Accessory Sill for the 1.5 Roadsters (I believe Steve made a bunch of these some time back)
I thought one of my friends might not be using his, but I was wrong about that. I will ask the fabricator I used if he would be willing to make up another one.

welcome! and a man after my own heart! Like picking up accessories!!

welcome!

I'll also have to look up the custom mount...I tend to do the bluetooth option and no longer plug the iPhone in

Thanks Steve, I appreciate you doing that! I have an older iPod Nano I'd like to keep in the car for music which doesn't have the bluetooth connection. Would be stoked if its not too much trouble to have one built. Possibly you could a link in the for sale section to scoop up any more 1.5 owner requests if that makes things easier for you and your fabricator. Making 1 might be more work but making more than one is sometimes easier.

I like your aggressive Avatar pic! Great Tesla paint color choice too ;)

-Dennis

Possibly you could a link in the for sale section to scoop up any more 1.5 owner requests if that makes things easier for you and your fabricator. Making 1 might be more work but making more than one is sometimes easier.
That's a good suggestion.

I like your aggressive Avatar pic!
That's in the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. You can do it, too, if you are interested. 4th annual ReFuel: Sun 7/1/11 @ Laguna Seca

Great Tesla paint color choice too ;)
My car is an early one, VIN 33. When engineering prototype EP2 was shown at the unveiling in 2006 and appeared in the majority of photographs on the web and elsewhere for at least a year after that, it cemented the combination of Radiant Red with tan interior in my mind. I considered the very dark green Signature 100 special color, but it was just too dark in any setting other than full sun.

Hello All :),

Would like to make a formal introduction after purchasing #268 and posting in this forum. I want to thank everyone here who has contributed to the treasure trove of Roadster information which clearly made me realize how well engineered these cars are as well as the amount of satisfaction roadster owners receive back from them.

The few goodies I already picked up (or on order and on their way here now) are:

-hcsharp's Roadster to J1772 Adapter
-Chris Taylor's Mesh Top
-Sector 111's Shower Cap
-Tesla Hardtop Protective Cover
-CoverCraft WeatherGuard Car Cover
-One two piece from Cabin Window Sun Shade
-2 DreamBaby Dream Window Cabin Shades

-Tesla 240V / 50 AMP (UMC) Universal Mobile Charger
-Carbon Fiber Door Sills (my drivers side stock door sill has a crack)
-Replace stock brake pads with EBC or Hawk Brake Pads
-Replace Halogen with the Xeonon 55watt bulbs/balasts or if I can find a deal the Tesla's Full Headlight replacement.

Any goodies I've missed?

Please let me know if there's any meetups around the bay area or if you're just driving through Santa Cruz area. We could pull together a quick coastline Roadster Cruz ! Also if you find yourself needing a charge or just lacking the 240 charge cable, PM me and I will be happy to help you out.

Happy Trails ( in ideal miles ;) )

Other goodies -
Blind spot mirrors
Front/rear view camera with new head unit capable of showing video
XLR8 app for engine sounds relative to speed (for peds and bikers!)
sound dampening (especially for your 1.5)
replace interior/licence plate bulbs with LEDs
Replacing incandescent bulbs with cool LED alternatives?
trunk light mod
Trunk light LED upgrade

Last edited:
Just got back yesterday from Santa Cruz. Next time I'll send a pm.
J-Charger at Walgreens on Soquel doesn't work but one at County offices on Ocean & Water did.
Also, saw new one at Staff of Life- New Health food market on Soquel. However a leaf was charging, so it works but i could not verify it with my vehicle.

If in Oakland and need a charge, drop me a pm.

Great info on the charging stations! I've notice the downtown chargers to be very reliable as well. Didn't know about the Soquel ones. Definitely PM me when you're around next time, I know this nice side road up the coast that's nice. Cuts in from the ocean, climbs up to get some great ocean views and returns back to the coastal highway. Best of all its very private and limited with cars.

I'll keep you in mind when I'm in Oakland and thanks for offering the charge.

Micro mirror if you are tall above the waist and remove visors -cover pins with rubber tube of shrink wrap.

Sound fix installed in your upper channel of door window?

All charge apps in your phone. (no one has every station)
Recargo (Tesla best)
EV Charger finder
Plug share
Cat stations
Charge Point
CTRV parks
ovms or tattler